Full-time Laboratory Assistant needed at a top facility in Wisconsin!
The Lab Assistant is responsible for accessioning specimens, preparing slide trays, filing of blocks and slides, and assisting with all aspects of lab organization and maintenance.
- Receive specimens into lab.
- Release orders in LIS.
- Prepare 70% and 80% ROH solutions following proper procedure.
- Recycle of ROH and Xylene.
- Change solutions on H&E stainer daily.
- Prepare specimens and blocks for grossing.
- Print slides for cases.
- Prepare blocks for techs after embedding, including but not limited to, cleaning and organizing blocks prior to tech microtome cutting.
- Assist with H&E slide preparation, including loading and unloading of slides into/from auto-stainer, and operating cover slipper.
- May perform tissue embedding and cutting of blocks upon completion of in-house training and competency assessment.
- Prepare slide trays and requisitions prior to delivery to pathologists.
- Perform a.m. and p.m. opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning of lab equipment and tools per schedule.
- Dump formalin vials and neutralize formalin following proper procedure.
- Record daily lab temperatures as listed on QC sheets.
- Receiving and stocking of general lab supplies. Perform monthly inventory as assigned.
- Record orders on work lists and pull blocks for techs.
- Slide, block, and requisition filing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Associate’s Degree in a science related field is required; Bachelor’s Degree in a science related field is preferred.
* Previous experience in a lab environment is preferred.
* Must be flexible with hours to meet work flow demands.
* Knowledge of general medical terminology is preferred.
* Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm with minimal errors is preferred.
* Must possess attention to detail.
* Must possess excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
* Must display a friendly, cheerful, tactful and polite demeanor and must be compassionate and caring in dealing with others.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team.
* Ability to use time productively and contribute to high levels of company operational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Must demonstrate professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Must remain compliant with HIPAA, OSHA, and CLIA requirements.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: