Sr. Manager, Mechanical Engineering - RT
Rochester, New York, United States, 14614
Responsibilities include the functional management of the Mechanical Department for ’ Space Structures discipline team in Rochester, NY. This position is focused on leading an experienced team of Mechanical Engineers in support of programs and pursuits.
The Sr. Engineering Manager is responsible for leading an organization of approximately 100 Engineering employees. This includes supervision, planning, development, and execution of Space Structures and Mechanisms tasking on projects, pursuits, and programs. The Sr. Engineering Manager will also provide coaching and leadership development for the direct staff of Group Leaders as well as for the entire department.
Meet functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development, engagement, retention, and overall management of Engineering department / function.
Provide staffing for programs, pursuits, and internal efforts (IR&D, Special Projects, etc.) within the Space and Airborne Business Unit and for all Engineering needs.
Meet functional organization and business AOP budgets.
Advance technologies as appropriate to ensure tools, processes, and staff are competitive and applicable to the ISR business.
Lead metric-based process improvement projects to improve productivity and quality of work product delivery to programs.
Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
Lead/Support Technical Tiger Teams for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programs where applicable.
Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external organizations.
Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus.
Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including strong executive communication and presentation skills
High expectations for sustained excellence for self and team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
2. Must have an Active TS/SCI security clearance.
3. Experience in Engineering leadership capacity (i.e. Group Lead, IPT Lead, Project Engineer, Cost Account Manager). - Preferred
4. Experience providing staffing for programs, pursuits, and internal efforts (IR&D, Special Projects, etc.). - Preferred
5. Advanced degree is a plus.
6. Strong subject matter expertise in Mechanical Engineering process. - Preferred