Senior Process Development Engineer - 1
Long Branch, NJ 07740
This is hands-on position that is responsible for the design, development and implementation of fabrication processes for new printed electronic products that meet customer requirements – including product performance, quality standards, cost and delivery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop, improve, and maintain processes and procedures for R&D sampling, qualifications through high volume production including proper controls for flexible hybrid electronics and rigid applications across printed electronics and other arenas to meet customer and SunRay Scientific specifications.
Drive technical projects forward while utilizing a data-driven approach to develop repeatable and statistically-capable R&D and manufacturing processes and measurement systems.
Accelerate SunRay’s development and commercialization of products – whether through customer discussions, new applications, new technologies, new materials, new vendor relationships (outsourcing), new capital/automation suggestions, etc.
Lead and/or support prototype projects where novel processing is required.
Test and qualify new materials used in printed electronics (inks, substrates, adhesives, components, etc.) to expand SunRay’s capabilities or find lower cost alternatives.
Record and maintain all data in an in organized fashion in order to fully support experimental findings, product performance, and process capability. Present results in group settings where appropriate.
Define, Develop and Support the SunRay Quality Management System by following existing documented procedures throughout development and production and developing new and/or modifying existing procedures as appropriate.
Participate in material review board meetings and support production scrap reduction activities.
Encourage, support and foster an environment of open communication between all department/divisional groups, facilities, Lisle and regional/global resources.
Serve as liaison between sales, engineering, and manufacturing to ensure the orderly flow of information and materials.
Determine preventative maintenance tasks, parts supply, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition.
Define, Develop and Understand, support and contribute to current SunRay Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
Support and drive 6S programs and practices to maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping practices.
Maintain a clean work environment.
Recommend equipment improvements and upgrades to enhance safety, reliability and capability
Develop and conduct process training programs, demonstrating skills to trainees.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Research and Development, Process and Product Qualification and Design for Manufacturing of custom and novel conductive adhesives across various electronics applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary:
1. B.S / MS in Electrical Engineering, Materials and/or Polymers Engineering, or related engineering discipline with emphasis on R&D, Design for Manufacturing and/or Custom Engineering.
2. Software skills: CAD (2D/3D), Altium, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Lab View
3. Knowledge of printed electronics manufacturing processes: functional printing, converting, stamping, plating and assembly
4. Must communicate clearly both orally and in writing. Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to collect and analyze data, write convincing reports, work instructions and procedure manuals and present technical topics to diverse audiences.
5. 6. Exceptional organizational skills and documentation skills.
7. 8. Must be a team player who is willing to cooperate with and consider input from supervisor, coworkers and members from other areas of the business; must be able to play either lead or support on projects.
9. Must be able to handle multiple projects at any given time and prioritize efforts as needed
10. Ability to use standard software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Minitab, CAD
11. Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends as needed to support project execution
12. Travel as required to remote plants, facilities, customers or suppliers
13. Formulation development of conductive adhesives - - PREFERRED
14. Grant writing skills - PREFERRED
15. Author of patents - PREFERRED
16. Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt - PREFERRED
17. Salary Expectation?
18. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
10. Complete Current Address?