Senior Java Software Engineer - 1
New York, NY 10017
Job Description and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of a team which is responsible for all facets of the software development project’s life cycle. Responsibilities include but not limited to design, code, implementation, testing, reporting, documentation, deployment, and debug operations. The software development team is required to interface with users for requirements gathering and specification.
Positions available in the following areas:
Brokerage platform development -- front and/or back-end, depending on experience.
Front end: Java Swing. End-user facing trading platform.
Back end: Core Java. Data model and transport layers. Multi-threaded/high throughput. XML.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary:
1. Bachelor’s in EE, CS, Math, Physics or similar (Masters/Ph.D. a plus).
2. echnically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
3. Ability to understand complex systems and offer new solutions.
4. Minimum of 4 years of Java experience.
5. Knowledge of core Java.
6. Knowledge of Java Swing and/or strong desire to learn Java Swing.
7. English written/verbal communication skills.
8. Mobile software development a plus.
9. Salary Expectation?
10. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
11. Complete Current Address?