Title: The Quality Assurance Analyst III
Location: Charlestown, MA
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Interview: Telephonic Interview followed by Skype/Face to face
Rate: $45/hr MAX on C2C
The Quality Assurance Analyst III participates in and leads other analysts in all aspects of testing, especially those of a complex nature. This includes the ability to develop test strategies, write and execute tests to ensure applications meet requirements. The Analyst should be self-motivated, creative and proactive. S/he must also demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, and diverse technologies. This position will also develop and execute the automation test suites for the regression of applications.
• Lead and develop the documentation of test scenarios and cases for complex internal systems, purchased application solutions, web site functions, EDI, other file types and backend system changes.
• Perform functional testing, data validations, and regression testing of applications and coordinates user acceptance testing.
• Lead the automation effort utilizing an automated test tool such as QTP and execute and analyze automation test results
• Lead larger scale testing projects, coordinate with user departments, delegate tasks, evaluate test results, and provide recommendations as input to project related decisions.
• Provide on-going technical support as needed and resolve complex issues that may require analysis and in-depth evaluations for applications and web site functions.
• Work with Development Engineers, Business Analysis, and Tech Support personnel to
• recreate and resolve systems issues
• Utilize test tools such as Quality Center’s requirements, test plan, test lab and defects modules.
• Develop test cases from requirements
• Design test data
• Execute test cases
• Analyze and document test results
• Verify fixes for defect
Bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
• Master degree in a related field preferred but not required.
• Minimum 6 years of experience of relevant work experience in software and systems testing.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using QA tools such as Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Quality Center.
• Experience in applying formal QA and testing methodologies.
• Experience in healthcare industry preferred but not required
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
• Experience writing and debugging automated tests
• Experience writing SQL complex select statements such as multi table joins, update and insert statements. The ability to read and understand DTS, SSIS packages, SQL job executions.
• Experience deploying systems and/or software installations from source code management systems such as VSS, Perforce.
• Effective collaborative and proven documentation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Detail oriented.