Techn /Dev Manager – SRE (Devops) Franklin, TN PRA
Location : Franklin, Tennessee
visa : USC, GC, GC-EAD, TN,
interview:phone and F2F
Experience required: - Min 9 – 11+ Years; but should be solid with genuine experience (No fabricated pls)
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
§ Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions.
§ Own the applications’ technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
§ Drive design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
§ Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
§ Relieve the team of “churn” and “waste” by driving automation of menial tasks
§ Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to drive cohesive and optimal solutions
§ Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
§ Manage forecasts and budgets from multiple funding sources for engineering team demand
§ Recruit and lead a team of full-stack engineers, driving career development and owning standard resource manager responsibilities.
§ Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible.
What the candidate is like
1. Has a great, positive attitude
2. A natural leader… someone people are easily convinced to follow and emulate
3. Never blocked. They find a way!
4. Willing and eager to dive in and figure it out. No system is built from unicorn horn dust. It’s just code!
5. Takes extreme ownership and pride in their work
6. Cares deeply about team culture and builds teams on a foundation of mutual respect
7. Will automate something so they don’t have to do it twice
8. They build everything “as code”. Infrastructure, pipeline, testing, monitoring, etc.
9. Never stops learning
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
1. Understanding of SRE principles (error budgets, alarming practices, etc)
2. Healthcare domain background
3. Development experience in Java, SpringFramework, Cloud, Kubernettes, AngularJS, Message Queues
What skills/attributes are a must have?
1. Solid understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops.
2. Experience working with teams that leveraged two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture.
3. Previous IT leadership experience
4. Deep agile development experience; strong understanding of DevOps mindset
5. Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
6. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
7. 7+ years of experience with languages such as Java, C# or Python as an engineer
8. 1 or more years of production experience with cloud technologies
9. 2+ years of production operational support
10. 2+ years writing unit or integration tests
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
Instrumenting apps with Prometheus/Grafana, and creating effective alarms and dashboards
Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)
here is the work to be performed? TN041 (1021 WINDCROSS Ct, Franklin, TN 37067)
What are the work hours? Flex w/team 7-9am to 4 - 6pm