Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 12 months
ANY LOCAL CANDIDATES OR THOSE WILLING TO COME IN ON THEIR OWN.
This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension and/or conversion) in Irving, TX for a Senior Java/Node.JS Software Engineer. Working on this team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an Agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. Will work in an environment dedicated to keeping developers happy and productive, fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
This position requires:
• 5+ years of Java development experience.
• 1+ year of Node.JS development experience.
• Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service using current generation toolkits such as Spring, Dropwizard, RESTEasy, or Node.JS
• Developing and designing web services through APIs using REST, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, etc.
• Fluency in Java 7 required with a basic understanding of Java 8.
• Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large scale distributed systems.
• Working knowledge of reactive programming.
• Working knowledge of SQL-based or NoSQL databases using JDBC, JPA or similar frameworks.
• Basic technical knowledge of cloud-based systems – covering infrastructure, platform and software as services.
• Recent hands-on experience with Java, Spring / Spring Boot Frameworks, Node.js development, MicroServices, Serverless (AWS Lambda etc).
• Good working knowledge of the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Observability & Traceability.
• Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices.
• Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns.
• Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
• Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
• Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an Agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban.
• Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
• Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
• Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
• Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
• Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs
• Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems
• Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
• Java, Node JS