Positions: 20 (Alpharetta, GA and Exton, PA – SIDGS US Corporate Office)
SIDGS is a premium global systems integrator and global implementation partner of Google corporation. We create innovative solutions in Digital, API Management, Cloud and DevOps space in partnership with Google. We understand that every business has a unique set of challenges and opportunities and we leverage our unique industry insights, honed through decades of combined experience in the technology sector, to deliver the products, solutions and services necessary to achieve best customer satisfaction and delivering positive impact to the communities.
Cloud has transformed the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our employees are empowered to think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers.
We are looking cloud engineers who will be actively implementing Cloud solutions and migration of legacy environments to cloud environments. This engineer is expected to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in a cloud environment. Whether it is IaaS, PaaS or FaaS, you will be developing and implementing Service Oriented Architectures, including service-to-service communications, service discovery, and fault tolerance. Along with technical skills, this developer is expected to be excellent communicator, participate in team building and prioritization skills, and expected to have ability to be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have extensive experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
• Should be very comfortable with most of POSIX commands, OS parameters tuning, bash-scripting.
• Should be proficient in OS security controls, privileges and escalation.
• Must have sound knowledge of Networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
• Must exploit external REST APIs and design RESTful services to integrate with other data providers.
• Must have Extensive knowledge of Data formats JSON, XML, AVRO and others.
• Must have worked with
• Any of Relational databases like Oracle, Postgres etc.
• Any of NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB etc.
• Should have done Production Support before even in traditional non-cloud applications.
• Must have done Continuous Integration/Delivery on previous engagements with tools like Jenkins, Go.CD, Bamboo etc.
• Should have extensive knowledge of build tools like Maven, Gradle and the artifact lifecycle from Snapshots to Releases and Patch fixes.
• Should have experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
• Should have consumed/worked with Virtualization Tools and Storage tech.
• Good to have setup/designed standard IT security practices such as Encryption, Certificates and Key management.
• Good have done Capacity/Resource Planning in Infrastructure given an Application load and concurrency.
• Good to have exposure to Big Data Applications like Hadoop, Spark and MapReduce etc.
• Must have experience with one of the Cloud services AWS, GCP or Azure.
• Must know how to setup a geographically redundant service in the cloud.
• Must know how to design and setup security mechanisms like identity management/authorization like AWS IAM and policies
• Must know how to setup network isolation with VPCs, security groups and NACLs.
• Must be proficient on at-least on any cloud automation frameworks like Terraform, Cloud-formation etc.
• Should have exposure to FaaS like Lambda/Cloud Functions.
• Must be comfortable with Cloud based Monitoring, Alerting and Event-Management tools
• Strong commitment to best practices, on operational processes, security, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more.
• Must work alongside with multiple teams like Development, Security and Architects.
• Good communication and some Project Management skills with exposure to tools like JIRA and processes like Kanban, Agile.