Backend developer - web scraping and discovery
PostJobFree team downloads several million English-language jobs per month.
We need to find and download even more jobs.
That is why we need a software developer to find and scrape English-language jobs from various web sites.
1) Curiosity and critical thinking.
Asking questions is one of the best ways to get a solid understanding of how our system works and various problems we are trying to solve.
Asking questions helps to find bugs in our system and business processes.
You should be able and willing to ask questions. Please demonstrate that you are able to ask questions in your application and follow-up interview.
2) Ability to extract job title, location, and job description from HTML page.
3) Ability to write solid programs.
We use C#, but if you know C, C++, Java or Python that could be ok too.
4) Be a "finisher": focus on finishing tasks. Just starting tasks is not enough.
5) Good communication skills. Should be able to effectively communicate in the remote settings (Email + Skype/Zoom voice + screen sharing).
That means full-time (~40 hours per week) work.
Even the job is remote, it is NOT ok to slack off.
Developers who work part-time, usually, do not have enough time to understand what they are doing and are not effective.
1) Writing and maintaining auto-tests (unit tests).
2) Ability to navigate large C# codebase.
The hardest part in software development is to generalize specific cases into manageable groups and handling exceptional situations (exceptions/crashes/unexpected results).
That, in turn, requires ability to research various cases and navigate our existing codebase in Visual Studio.
3) Experience with Web debugging tools, such as Telerik Fiddler.
4) Experience with writing and maintaining web crawler.
6) Experience of working remotely.
This is a remote job opening. We all work/telecommute from home.
Tools and technologies we use:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithms.
Team City/Continuous Integration/CI, Skype, Windows, Linux and more.