Backend developer - web scraping and discovery
PostJobFree team downloads several million English-language jobs per month.
We need to find and download even more jobs.
That is why we need a software developer to find and scrape English-language jobs from various web sites.
1) Curiosity and critical thinking.
Asking questions is one of the best ways to get a solid understanding of how our system works and various problems we are trying to solve.
Asking questions helps to find bugs in our system and business processes.
You should be able and willing to ask questions.
Please demonstrate that you are able to ask questions in your job application and in the follow-up interview.
2) Ability to extract job title, location, and job description from HTML page.
3) Ability to write solid programs.
We use C#, but if your main language is C, C++, Java or Python that could be ok too.
4) Be a "finisher": focus on completing or closing tasks. Just starting tasks is not enough.
5) Good communication skills. Should be able to effectively communicate in the remote settings (Email + Telegram + Skype/Zoom voice + screen sharing).
That means full-time (~40 hours per week) work.
The job is remote, but it is NOT ok to slack off.
Part-time developers, usually, do not have enough time to understand the system, and, as a result, are not effective.
We are looking for a full-time developer.
1) Html parsing.
We use AngleSharp, but if you have experience with another parser - that is good too.
2) Writing and maintaining auto-tests (unit tests).
3) Ability to navigate large C# codebase.
A big part of our work is to navigate our existing codebase in Visual Studio when troubleshooting an issue or researching how a new feature fits into existing solution.
3) Experience with Web debugging tools, such as Telerik Fiddler.
4) Experience with writing and maintaining web crawler.
6) Experience of working remotely.
This is a remote job opening. We work/telecommute from home.
Tools and technologies we use:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) algorithms.
Team City/Continuous Integration/CI, Skype, Windows, Linux and more.