Title: Computer Operator
Location: Louisville, KY
Duration: 0-6 months (CTH)
- Synthesizes information from multiple simultaneous inputs, including automated road sensor data, emergency frequency scanners, two-way radios, CCTV cameras, and computer databases.
- An Entry Level client will train to become competent in the operation of TransCommander™ software, telecommunications skills, incident location, camera control, CAD monitoring, and Freeway Service Patrol dispatch.
- Monitors closed-circuit television (CCTV) video monitors.
- Monitors emergency frequency scanners.
- Disseminates traffic information to the motoring public utilizing Dynamic Message Signs, Highway Advisory Radio, the TRIMARC website, social media, WAZE, print, and broadcast media and information service provider partners.
- Communicates effectively with the motoring public and government agencies.
- Maintains radio communications with and directs Freeway Service Patrols.
- Maintains radio and telephone communications with Public Service Agencies.
- Crosschecks static databases regarding construction and special events.
- Provides written reports as required.
- Performs other ancillary duties as determined by management.
- Ability to learn metropolitan roadways and their multiple or alternate names, under whose jurisdiction they fall, where that jurisdiction changes, and what alternate routes exist.
- Ability to use office equipment including personal computers and their software with a particular emphasis on graphical user interface applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Operators must acquire Tunnel Operations certification within six months of hire. Be team oriented multitasker