Licensed Land Surveyor - 5298
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: No
Town / City: Wise
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Licensed Land Surveyor
Multi-disciplined firm with an established practice, which includes both public and private sector clientele, has an immediate opening for an experienced Licensed Land Surveyor in its Radford, Virginia and Wise, Virginia offices.
Do you want a career beyond the traditional office that allows you to work outdoors, address interesting challenges and find creative solutions to meet project requirements? We are looking for an experienced licensed land surveyor to join our team and provide highly detailed maps and reports to both government agencies and commercial clients. You will have the chance to utilize state-of-the-art field equipment and CAD software and work with a dedicated and diverse team of civil engineers, drafters and construction personnel. We encourage our employees to cultivate a high level of collaboration through a laid-back work environment and flexible hours, and we offer our team members competitive pay and opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.
• Measure and record precise distances and angles on, above or below the land surface, including boundary points, topographical features and other designated markers
• Use a variety of modern surveying equipment, manual recording, computer-aided drafting programs and databases to collect and record data of geological areas according to project requirements
• Research historical maps, land records, previous survey results and land title information as needed to compare and verify current measurements and resolve questions of boundary lines
• Create reports and maps according to customer or project requirements containing information from field measurements, boundary markers and topographical features
• Prepare two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional computer renderings of property features, such as boundary lines, geological points of interest, existing structures, water features and utility lines
• Follow accepted legal procedures to establish official land and water boundaries for government agencies, real estate developers and private parties to be used during property sales, leases and disputes
• Communicate with architects, engineers and construction personnel as needed during land development projects to verify geological and property boundary data and contribute to building design as needed
Job Skills & Qualifications
• Professional Land Surveying license
• Excellent problem-solving skills and understanding of mapping concepts
• Self-motivated with good time management and ability to work outdoors and walk as needed
• Experience with computer drafting programs
• Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble GPS
Competitive Salary based on experience
401k with Company Match
Medical/ Dental Plans
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
Short/Long term disability
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Professional Land Surveying license.
2. Excellent problem-solving skills and understanding of mapping concepts
3. Experience with computer drafting programs.
4. Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble GPS preferred.