Tool Maker - 5604
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Location: New York
Town / City: Hudson
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
Supports production by building, repairing molds and tooling.
- Plans job by reading prints, instructions
- Set up and operation of mills, EDMs, surface grinders and supporting equipment
- Production/use of electrodes, thread blocks, head blocks
- Mold fabrication, assembly and consultation
- Confirms parts by measurement to specifications
- Confirms assembly and resolves assembly problems
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintains supplies inventory; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
Education - Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Programming or operation experience of CNC mills, EDM, grinding, general machine skills
* Technical school or tool making background
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
• G and M Code Programming
• Mechanical inspection tools
• Problem Solving
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Technical school or tool making background.
2. Programming experience with CNC mills, EDM, and Grinding machines.
3. G and M Code Programming.
4. Tool Making experience.