Cloud Security Engineer - 1
Hoboken, NJ 07030 or Phoenix, AZ
The Cloud Security Engineer is principally responsible for researching, designing, and integrating information security solutions and controls across the global enterprise in a way that is transparent to end users, supports executive strategies, and fundamentally ensures the security of the information is entrusted to protect.
The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for conducting industry research on new and emerging security technologies in support of enhancing and maintaining evolving corporate strategies to ensure that security solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability.
The Cloud Security Engineer will design cloud security solutions, review internal and external IT projects and applications for risk and adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices.
This position will lead and participate on multiple internal security project teams to evaluate and deploy cloud security technologies globally and to make design recommendations for security products and services for the firm.
Must define, document and design secure infrastructure and application architectures within the primary tenants of Availability, Integrity and Confidentiality.
The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining and updating multiple product road maps supporting the secure cloud framework. This position will provide thought leadership regarding solutions, designs, architecture, integration, support, strategies across the entire organization to include decision making through successful implementation while employing the highest levels of integrity.
This includes millions invested in Next Generation Firewall architecture, anti-virus & anti-malware controls, proxy solutions, Data Loss Prevention software, whole disk and removable media device encryption, 2FA and MFA authentication, and PKI technologies.
Responsible to design and implement cloud security architecture controls in support of hundreds of internal and external business IT projects and applications contributing to revenue growth globally.
Review, assess and signoff on business projects with respect to risk and adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices for data protection of Company and client data. Lead project teams to include design, connectivity, and software solutions aligning security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
Responsible for maintaining and updating information security technology road maps through industry research, knowledge transfer, continued learning.
Document and maintain comprehensive information security roadmaps and strategies with respect to process mapping, technical diagrams and schematics, standard operating procedures, and technical infrastructure documentation which results in the protection of sensitive information across thousands of applications and thousands of servers world-wide.
Partner with and provide information security expertise to the operating companies to provide guidance and direction on secure application hosting for hundreds of internal and client facing application systems.
Assess applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure.
Collaboratively document security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
Participate in or lead Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as necessary by providing tier III support to mitigate active security incidents possible threatening the Global MMC computing environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. 4-year college/university degree required
2. Minimum 5+ years of AWS or Azure cloud and on premise security experience with large scale implementations spanning multiple business lines distributed globally
3. Must have strong working experience with either AWS or Azure cloud computing services and traditional security products such as Firewalls, Malware protection
4. Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS environments
5. Must have experience with deploying and securing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions using native cloud security controls as well as products and solutions outside of native cloud security controls such as NGFW, Micro-segmentation and others
6. Strong knowledge of WAF technologies.
7. Experience with F5 ASM is preferred.
8. Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) is preferred
9. Familiarity with common web application technologies such as .NET, Openstack, Docker, API gateways, SSL/TLS, load-balancing, etc.
10. Strong knowledge of enterprise security concepts/frameworks and products, secure design principles and best practices
11. Familiarity with top security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, CIS Benchmarks, ISO 27000 series, COBIT, etc.
12. Understanding of cryptography as it relates to application, network and cloud security
13. coding/scripting with common languages such as Python, Perl & Java Script is a plus.
14. and Cloud certifications preferred. Other Information Security oriented certifications a plus