Hospice Nurse (LPN / LVN) – San Diego, CA
We have a new employment opportunity for a Hospice Licensed Nurse / Palliative Care Nurse who will provide care to patients with end-of-life needs by performing initial assessments, implementing the plan of care, and anticipating and meeting the needs of patients facing terminal illness in San Diego, California. The successful candidate will be a Licensed Nurse with a solid clinical background.
Hospice LPN / LVN responsibilities:
• Assessing the needs of terminally ill patients & families, addressing symptoms and providing comfort for the dying patient
• Developing and implementing a hospice care plan to provide relief of suffering, control of symptoms, and restoration of functional capacity when possible, while respecting the patient’s goals and family values
• Performing interventions based on the plan of care and Hospice policies & procedures
• Anticipating disease progression and implications for symptom management
• Collaborating and communicating with the Interdisciplinary Team including physician when appropriate
Hospice LPN / LVN qualifications:
• CA LPN / LVN license in good standing
• Graduate from an accredited nursing program
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills required
• Prior hospice / palliative care experience required
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation to patient homes throughout San Diego County
Please click apply now, call Tony Perry at 877-493-7237, email resume to TPerry@essusa.net, or fax resume to 877-685-8779 to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.