Full-time Laboratory Manager needed in Richmond, Virginia!
Join the only academic medical center in the region, providing patients with the most progressive treatments and medical technology available.
This person will be responsible for the management of the Blood Gas Lab as well as the Decentralized Stat Labs.
This full time Med Technologist Manager will manage all aspects of daily operations of the Laboratory to include but not limited to workload; staffing/personnel responsibilities; personnel actions; policies and procedures; maintenance of all personnel records; quality control and quality assurance; budget preparation and monitoring; re-engineering/restructuring; CAP and JCAHO compliance requirements; and customer service. This positon will also be responsible for the management of the Decentralized Stat Labs.
- Expertise in specialized and routine laboratory procedures and experience in operating procedures of laboratory safety and hazardous waste management.
- Expertise in management and supervision of multi-dimensional laboratory.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of personnel operating systems and policies and procedures.
- On call availability, as required, for emergency coverage on any shift.
* Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program or a Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Chemistry in addition to graduation from an NAACLS-accredited CLS/MT certificate program
* Current MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) or equivalent categorical certification
* Minimum of five (5) years of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist
* Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/management experience in a clinical laboratory setting
* Master's Degree in Clinical Lab Science is preferred
Offering competitive compensation, complete benefits, and relocation assistance!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.