Full-Time Medical Technologist needed at a great acute and skilled care facility in western Kentucky-- Right on the border of Illinois!
This is an afternoon shift - four 10 hour shifts per week.
1) Performs technical procedures in appropriate departments.
2) Collects specimens as needed.
3) Processes specimens appropriately.
4) Reports results accurately and timely.
5) Excellent communication and telephone skills.
6) Promotes good public relations for department.
7) Consistently follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related science.
- Successful completion of School for Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science.
- Certification as MT(ASCP), MLS (ASCP), CLS(NCA) or equivalent preferred.
- Must demonstrate adaptability, organization, attention to detail and the ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to get along with others as well as concern for precision and accuracy in lab results.
- Must have good verbal skills. Must adhere to medical ethics and have concern for the welfare of the patient, laboratory and institution.
- Supervised by section/shift supervisor. Performance appraisals are conducted at the end of a three month probationary period and 6 months by the Director or designee with input from the section /shift supervisor, thereafter, are given on a yearly basis.
- Trained yearly on all populations served and completes competencies for patients identified within the department scope of service.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.