Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a small hospital in Colorado!
Essential duties include:
- Perform established protocol for instrument preventive maintenance/function verification.
- Organize work load so as to complete testing in the most appropriate manner.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to established quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations performed.
- Adhere to the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance and is responsible for assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the technical supervisor, clinical consultant or director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Provide legible, meaningful reports.
- Follow established protocol in maintaining records of patient test results.
- Is responsible to review all testing performed during their shift to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
* Minimum of Associate's Degree in Medical Technology and two years of experience in high complexity testing in all clinical laboratory departments.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* National recognized laboratory certification such as ASCP or NCA.
* Current CPR/BLS Certification.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.