Full-time Director of Outpatient Radiology & The Women's Breast Center needed!
Join a top hospital system serving the Fairfield County region (1 hour from NYC!)
The Administrative Manager of Outpatient Radiology and The Women’s Breast Centers reports to the Departments Executive Director. They are directly responsible for managing the operations of all outpatient imaging services and radiology departments and the Women’s Breast Center services. In collaboration with the Hospital Foundation, develops and manages relationships with non-profit agencies and government entities that provide financial support to women’s health and breast cancer programs including the Breast Cancer Alliance, CT Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Foundation, the CT Department of Health. This position ensures quality service and compliance with State, Federal, JC, ACR, MQSA and other associated accreditation agencies’ regulations; adherence to departmental and hospital policies and procedures; promotion of hospital’s mission and values.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, coordinate, and oversee the daily activities of all ambulatory operations of the Women’s Breast Center and Radiology Department including all modalities and services, to ensure efficient operations, quality and timely results reporting, and superior, consistent customer service.
- Lead the initiative for writing and receiving grants from public and private sources to ensure maximum support for breast screening
- Establish overall priorities for all department functions and activities, and assign responsibilities among staff, Leads, and Manager to ensure the smooth operation of all outpatient imaging sites.
- Responsible for approximately 95 plus FTE’s
- Assist with the development of capital, expense, and labor budget through effective planning for service growth, staffing and equipment needs, benchmarking, documentation of workflow, revision and creation of job descriptions/roles, within the Outpatient Radiology Departments and the Women’s Breast Center.
- Organize and conduct radiology outpatient staff meetings to ensure proper interdepartmental and system wide communications.
- Implement and plan programs that ensure new personnel orientation checklists and annual competency. Conduct yearly evaluations of directly supervised staff in accordance with Human Resources policies.
- Maintain records and statistics which quantify workload, and which may be used in departmental quality improvement projects. Prepare reports on data as needed.
- Develop and implement site service standards that meet the needs of patients, members, and visitors and support the mission and values of the health system.
- Implement service standards measurements and surveys that assessed quarterly identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with administrative leadership to develop strategic and operational plans for assigned clinical service line/ departments. Communicates and evaluates effects of same.
- Establish and maintain strong/positive relationships with referring physicians and their office staff, vendors, and other department staff throughout the hospital in order to promote services, address critical issues, attract and retain customers, and ensure communication of new technologies/services, successes, improvement initiatives, and department needs.
- Oversee MQSA program and other ACR, NAPBC, and FDA regulated documentation as it pertains to all Radiology Department modalities and the Breast Center (staff and Radiologists credentials, QA/QC testing, ACR accreditation/re-accreditation, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies such as, JC, ACR, MQSA, and other regulatory agencies as required.
- Manage customer service and service recovery efforts as necessary; train and oversee staff to handle situations directly and appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested in order to maintain a high level of service.
* Bachelor’s degree required with Masters degree is highly preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in the field of radiology is preferred.
* Prior management/leadership experience is required.
* Certified Radiology Administrator (CRA) or working towards obtaining it is highly preferred.
* High level of competency with computers, the Internet, and computer software such as MS Office or equivalent is required.
* Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills are required.
* Facilitating presentations to large audiences and varying levels of an organization is required.
* The ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels, particularly peers, team members, other departments, patients, and the community is required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!