Job Description: Seeking data scientists with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of applied data science efforts across health care, life science, and operational domains.
• Develop innovative and fit for purpose solutions across the business.
• Provide expertise with advising and deploying advance statistical techniques for solving problems and advancing business opportunities.
• Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of data science solutions that guide decision-making and building foundational capabilities.
• Plan and deploy methodological standards, standardized processes, demos, and POCs for the company’s highest priority business needs.
• Support the translation and appropriately champion advanced analytics results and capabilities to non-technical audiences.
• Participate in the broader data science community to stay current with data and software development.
• Foster an entrepreneurial mindset and collaboration with IT and business partners and internal analytics community.
• Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 3+ years of relevant experience.
• Extensive experience in applying data mining, and advanced analytics to complex problems, along with a broad understanding of core statistical principles
• Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development of analytics solutions, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Hadoop, AWS).
• Familiarity with parallel computing and databases (e.g. SQL).
• Familiarity with NLP (e.g. gloVe, word2vec) is desired.
• Familiarity with varied data visualization techniques
• Strong data analysis skills and ability to integrate information from different sources to generate testable hypotheses.
• Comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff to translate concepts and algorithms into working prototypes.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with uncertainty. Strong communication skills. Experience presenting experimental findings to people who are not data scientists or machine learning experts
• Ability to collaborate with the team and translate existing research into practical solutions and products
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with various collaborators across the company, and take ownership of data science projects and proof of concepts
• Experience with supervised and unsupervised ML techniques, and graph theory/network analysis would be desirable.