Senior Network Engineer
Location: Round Rock, TX
Duration:- 6 months
"Organizational expert within defined subject area.
Integrates deep subject matter expertise with:
- Industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within area of expertise.
- Relevant related disciplines.
- Business goals and strategy.
• Understands impact of emerging
business trends and their implications for
Dell and its customers.
Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers.
- Uses experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information.
- Considers Dell-wide implications of decisions and recommendations.
Adapts and integrates own experience with Dell-wide strategy.
- Analyzes and forecasts business and market trends.
Develops innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
- Invents new products and processes to achieve strategic business objectives.
• Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
Guided by business plans and strategy.
- Executes goals and strategy within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to strategic decisions affecting the discipline.
Initiates new or revised departmental procedures, programs and initiatives.
Assesses and determines priorities within area of expertise.
Structures and implements changes within the context of established strategy.
- Plans implementation of major change efforts.
• Leads large scale, global programs that
contribute to the corporation’s success.
Contributes to business results through quality of results, advice and decisions.
- Develops standards around which others will operate.
- Designs and develops global processes, systems and/or applications.
- Contributes to Dell thought leadership.
Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
- Builds consensus.
- Ensures understanding of technical matters by non-technical, executive decision makers.
Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
• Advises and councils key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and/or technologies and their practical application.
Designs, plans, and leads implementation of global telecommunication voice systems.
• Represents the department and acts as technical consultant on large project teams for phone systems requirements, acquisition, implementation, and enhancements.
• May serve as primary liaison between telecommunication vendors and leadership.
• Evaluates progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures.
• Keeps abreast of latest technology advances.
• Provides telecommunication voice hardware and software solutions to undefined business user needs.
• Extensive knowledge of business user requirements.
• Consistently provides direction and mentoring to less experienced team members.
• Involved in vendor management.
• Works on telecommunication voice
projects of considerable magnitude and
• Advises leadership on practical applications and limitations of proposed upgrades and projects."