Water Resources Engineer - 1
Stormwater (Water Resources) Engineer
Work Location:Virginia Beach, Virginia 23450
Job Type:Full Time
Currently our Virginia Beach office has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join and support our Stormwater (Water Resources) group. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growth-oriented professional consulting office. Candidate will work with strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff on various environmental and water resources related projects. Candidates with strong PM skills in either stormwater or wastewater will be considered, but the successful candidate must be interested primarily in stormwater.
•Provide project management and technical support on a variety of Stormwater projects.
•Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to stormwater systems.
•Conduct as well as oversee field investigations, sampling, and monitoring
•Perform and oversee technical analyses including hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, statistical analyses, water quality investigations, GIS mapping, and data management
•Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables
•Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects; ensure proper and timely execution on projects
•Help mentor junior level staff members
•Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
•Utilize internal project management tools and resources
•Provide marketing and technical support to project managers and staff during the procurement and execution of key projects as requested
•Participate in BC’s QA/QC process
1. BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field required
2. Storm Water experience is a must
3. 7+ years’ experience with design of stormwater and wastewater systems
4. Ability to use AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred
5. Professional registration or ability to obtain PE in Virginia required
6. Proven PM experience required
7. Strong technical writing skills required
8. Ability to walk slowly around a project and/or field sites of varying size that may have areas of uneven, muddy, and/or rocky ground to perform project assessments, inspections and take photographs
9. Ability to work for short periods of time in extreme temperatures including heat and cold.
10. Ability to work for short periods of time in rainfall ranging from very light to heavy amounts of precipitation.
11. Ability to wear required safety equipment at sites including hard hats, steel toed boots (or other approved toe protection), etc.
12. Lifting – objects on job sites less than 30 pounds
13. Climb steep highly vegetated embankments (up to 20 feet) to access areas for visual inspection
14. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
15. Present Salary?
16. Salary Expectation? (Salary range: $91,000 - $110,000)
Virginia Beach, VA - civil engineer, civil, design, water, autocad,...
Mid-level Water Resources Engineer-Virginia Beach, VA
Virginia Beach, VA - water, resources, planning, design, civil,...
Civil/Environmental Engineer (water design)
Portsmouth, VA - gis, civil, water treatment, autocad,...
Virginia Beach, VA - wastewater, gis, civil, water, design, autocad,...
Pest Control Technician
Virginia Beach, VA - pest, structural, route, water, service, resources,...
Pest Control Technician
Virginia Beach, VA - pest, structural, water, route, immigration,...
Systems Engineer I
Virginia Beach, VA - sccm, packaging, engineer, microsoft,...