Accounting Governance & Oversight Consultant 2 (SOX SME) - 5295133
Seeking highly motivated individual to join Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) to join a team of SOX governance & oversight subject matter experts (SMEs). The EC&O team has enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial reporting infrastructure and is a component of the Corporate Controller’s Division.
The team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
• Monitoring implementation and on-going compliance of the Company’s COSO Policy covering the system of internal control over the Company’s financial reporting environment,
• Assessing issues and errors as well as control deficiencies for escalation to governance committees.
• Facilitating and compiling the materials for the SOX Disclosure Committee meetings on a quarterly basis.
This individual will be a significant contributor to the team which will include:
• Assisting team members with developing (and/or enhancing) policy and guidance when needed to address new and/or emerging issues,
• Evaluating and consulting on errors as well as control deficiencies to assess severity and determine the need for escalation to a governance committee,
• Consulting with process owners with regards to the development of process and controls,
• Reinforcing newly issued guidance or new and emerging process and control concepts by facilitating live and/or internet-based trainings, workshops, etc.,
• Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the Company’s control environment,
• Interfacing with external auditors and lines of businesses on governance & oversight related matters.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that has a strong interest in setting, overseeing, and governing policies (especially around COSO) and be a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess a significant amount of professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
1. BA/BS in accounting
2. 7+ years of experience in one of more of the following areas: accounting consulting or public accounting
4. Experience with relationship building and collaboration with stakeholders spanning multiple levels from staff level to senior and executive management
5. Big 4 experience
6. Experience with large financial institutions
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents at all levels of the organization
8. Expert knowledge of COSO framework
9. Strong organization and prioritization skills
10. 5+ years of public accounting or financial services
11. 5+ years of audit experience
12. Working knowledge of information technology controls
13. Working knowledge of financial reports filed with the regulatory agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC)
14. Proven ability to influence and lead change
15. Ability to develop emerging leaders
16. Present Salary?
17. Salary Expectation? (Salary range: $87k to $162k)
18. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Accounting Governance & Oversight Consultant 2 (SOX SME)
Minneapolis, MN - sox, accounting, control, controls, sme, agent,...
Minneapolis, MN - controller, accounting, finance, bookkeeping, firm,...
Roseville, MN - controller, cfo, accounting, sox, risk management,...
MN - controller, issues, accounting, internal audit,...
Minneapolis, MN - sox, qa, control, audit, internal, internal audit,...
Minneapolis, MN - controller, accounting, finance, him, director,...
Minneapolis, MN - controller, accounting, staff, finance, metro,...