Job Ref.: 3010
Job Title: Feedmill Supervisor
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Holyoke, CO or Hugton, KS
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Feedmill Supervisor summary:
Compiles personnel assignment schedules and oversees the operations of the Feedmill and Delivery Departments by performing the following duties.
* Oversees product and manufacturing procedures to verify conformance to the high standards of quality as established by the CGMP's for the industry.
* Reviews all daily usage, inventory, and investigates and corrects all discrepancies.
* Learns and understands the flow of all materials, incoming and out-going, and the standard operating procedures of all areas of the Feedmill. Must be able to operate all areas of the feedmill and completely understand Automation system.
* Screens and performs interviews of hourly employee applicants.
* Trains appropriate hourly workers in their assigned work/production duties including cross training.
* Performs annual reviews of mill and delivery employees as needed.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet plant or production schedules.
* Recommends measures to improve mill and transportation
production methods, equipment performance and quality of service and carry out any needed corrective action.
* Assures worker issues/problems are resolved in timely fashion.
* Initiates or suggests methods to motivate workers to achieve departmental goals.
* Reviews and recommends continued training /education of employees in safe work methods.
* Timely and accurate documentation of all issues associated with proper administration of department.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with supervisors, peers, subordinates, internal customers and external customers.
* Prepare various reports and delegates appropriate duties to subordinate employees.
* Leads crew to achieve optimal production while maintaining output of quality product.
* Interprets company policies to workers and provides safety
education by having effective and well planned safety meetings as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Feedmill and Delivery employees within the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. B.S. degree preferred.
2. 2 or more years of supervisory experience in a high production pelleted feed manufacturing plant.
3. Feed Science degree or equivalent program preferred.
Sr. Feed Ingredient Merchandiser-KS #1126
Rolla, KS - merchandiser, as400, feed, rail, grain,...
Feedmill Manager - KS
Hugoton, KS - mill, plant, feed, workers, doe, schedules,...
Feed Ingredient Merchandiser-KS #2398
Rolla, KS - merchandiser, ag, feed, economics...
Assistant Purchasing Manager Pork Processing Plant-3037
Guymon, OK - purchasing manager, plant, purchasing, buyer, mro,...
Assistant Manager Feedmill-KS or OK #1819
Guymon, OK - feed, plant, assistant manager, assistant,...
Texhoma, OK - mill, laborer, loader, respiratory, maintenance,...
Maintenance Supervisor Meat Processing-OK #1497
Guymon, OK - maintenance supervisor, plant, refrigeration, meat,...