My client is looking for Chief Electrical Engineer for their location in Evansville, IN. This is a Permanent Position.
My client's compensation package is structured to attract and retain the top talent we need to achieve our assertive business objectives. In addition to our "pay for performance" philosophy, we offer employees programs and services that support their physical and emotional well-being in an inclusive workplace environment.
About the position
This position is responsible for the strategic direction and daily oversight of the electrical engineering design, planning, and asset management processes within Energy Delivery. It must implement and enforce consistent engineering and design practices throughout the organization, review technical work that is completed by the various engineering staffs, provide technical support to engineering personnel on design issues and provide quality control throughout the process
• Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements to engineering design standards and developing and implementing policies and procedures which support quality engineering designs.
• Responsible for identifying and implementing performance measures for the engineering staffs.
• Manages a significant capital budget from inception through forecasting and reporting.
• The incumbent is responsible for the development of engineering personnel and evaluates skill competencies and identifies and recommends skill enhancement opportunities.
• Compliance with applicable North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and Reliability First (RF) standards are also within this position's area of accountability, as do primary company relationships with other regulatory bodies, such as the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counsel (OUCC) and the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO)
• Deliver on personal and team performance objectives established annually with Director.
• Establish performance objectives with direct reports and for their teams. Provide strategic direction for business units. Develop engineering staff to ensure individual competency, career progression, and succession options. Manage relationships with outside organizations including RF, MISO, OUCC, MEA, IURC, EEI, NATF, and others.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with appropriate energy industry experience or comparable experience in related industries.
• 10 + years of engineering design, operations, and/or planning experience in an electric utility environment and 4 to 6 years of formal experience as a supervisor or manager.
• Electrical engineering degree. Master’s degree in business or engineering. Professional Engineer’s license or the ability to obtain one.
• A strong technical background with an in-depth and diverse personal knowledge of electrical utility engineering (including distribution, substation, transmission, and planning) and field construction/operations and experience with managing a large capital budget.
• Experience in utility industry. Knowledge of governmental workings.
• Distribution, Substation, and Transmission Projects, System Protection and Automation, Joint Use & Public Improvement Projects, and Materials & Standards. Assure Compliance with all relative codes and requirements including NESC and NERC.
• Design Standards and Process Development & Maintenance, System Planning and Reliability, Smart Grid, Joint Use and Public projects, Asset Health Initiatives, and System Interconnect Studies.
• Responsible for developing and managing departmental O&M and capital budgets. Responsible for monitoring departmental expenses ensuring expenditures meet with corporate guidelines.
• Rate Case Support, Litigation Support, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) Testimony, Strategic Initiatives, NERC Compliance Support, etc.
• Build and maintain mutually respected industry relationships among regional energy organizations, utilities, regulatory agencies, and consumer advocate groups as appropriate.
• Support emergency storm restoration and other critical events as situations dictate.
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume.
Total Experience in engineering design, operations, and/or planning experience in an electric utility environment and 4 to 6 years of formal experience as a supervisor or manager?
Total Experience in an in-depth and diverse personal knowledge of electrical utility engineering (including distribution, substation, transmission, and planning) and field construction/operations and experience with managing a large capital budget?
Total Experience in utility industry. Knowledge of governmental workings?
Total Experience in Distribution, Substation, and Transmission Projects?
Total Experience in Protection and Automation, Joint Use & Public Improvement Projects?
Total Experience in Materials & Standards. Assure Compliance with all relative codes and requirements including NESC and NERC?
Total Experience in emergency storm restoration and other critical events?
Total Experience in the development of engineering personnel?
Total Experience in implementing improvements to engineering design standards and developing and implementing policies and procedures which support quality engineering designs?
Total Experience in Manages a significant capital budget from inception through forecasting and reporting?
Total Experience with organizations including RF, MISO, OUCC, MEA, IURC, EEI, NATF?
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card):
Chief Electrical Engineer
Evansville, IN - electrical engineer, rf, substation, electrical,...
Chief Elecrical Engineer
Evansville, IN - substation, electrical engineer, rf, utility,...
Evansville, IN - mill, aluminum, lean, org, maintenance, cold,...
Plant Electrical Engineer
Owensboro, KY - electrical engineer, plant, electrical, engineer,...
Evansville, IN - commissioning, transmission, substation, project,...
TMMI-High School Engineering Development
Evansville, IN - toyota, human, plant, engineering, human resources,...
Evansville, IN - film, forklift, warehouse, quantity,...