Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: San Jose, CA
Contract Term: 12+ Months
Job Timings: 8.00 AM- 5.00 PM
• Basic laboratory skills including preparation of solutions, cell counting, staining of cells with immunofluorescent markers, cell culture, and laboratory safety precautions.
• Multicolor flow cytometry and panel design experience preferred.
• Familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• Effective organization and planning skills.
• Effective written skills.
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
• Typically requires a B.S. in a biological science and two years laboratory experience or equivalent combination of related technical education and experience.
As part of the Customer Education Services group, this person will provide laboratory support for customer training courses and demonstrations.
The successful candidate will work on problems of diverse scope under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, exercising judgment within defined procedures to determine the appropriate action.
Normally receives no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments.
Job responsibilities include preparation of biological samples, analysis of flow cytometry data, troubleshooting and maintenance of instrumentation, and maintenance of documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares biological samples for use in customer training courses, demos, and onsite customer support visits.
2. Tests samples by flow cytometry with minimal assistance and troubleshoots common problems.
3. Writes and edits laboratory protocols and trains others in laboratory procedures and safety practices.
4. Maintains the applications lab and equipment; maintains and restocks laboratory supplies and reagents.
5. Tracks and performs routine maintenance on the training center’s flow cytometers.
6. Assists in the design and testing of new protocols and multicolor flow cytometry panels.
7. Assists in the maintenance of good laboratory procedures including the operation of a clean and efficient laboratory, documentation of all work, and good record keeping.
8. Promotes a safe work environment. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
9. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
San Jose, CA - laboratory technician, laboratory, flow,...
CNC Mill Machine Set Up Operator
Santa Clara, CA - cnc, mill, machine, electro, semiconductor,...
Hollister, CA - assembler, specifications, mechanical, drawings,...
Laboratory Technician - Resin
Sunnyvale, CA - chemical, laboratory, laboratory technician,...
Newark, CA - biology, feed, chemistry, process control,...
Sr. Manager, Global Compensation
Sunnyvale, CA - hr, manager, data, security, counsel, design, sr,...
START,, FULL TRAINING - GENERAL WORK
San Jose, CA - hr, interviews, average, residential, general,...