Senior Internal Audit Opportunity:
The functional responsibilities of this position:
• Performs audits of dealership operations and corporate functions, evaluating conformance with GAAP, laws, regulations and company policy.
• Conducts reviews of organizational and functional activities, audits of third parties and investigations as assigned.
• Assists external audit firm as assigned.
• Plans and executes audits in accordance with IIA professional practices.
• Reports audit findings and makes recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving processes, and reducing costs.
• Maintains effective working relationships with executive and operating management.
• Plans the approach and scope of audits to focus on high risk areas.
• Determines the auditing procedures to be used, including statistical sampling and the use of computer-assisted audit techniques.
• Determines alternative methods to test or review when audit results indicate that there may be reporting, theft, or other serious issues.
• Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of control.
• Makes, or assists in making, oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the examination, including discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective actions, and suggesting improvements in operations and reduction in cost.
• Prepares detailed workpapers that support the audit findings and submits accurate audit reports in a timely manner.
• Prepares formal written reports expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of control.
• Appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken to implement recommendations.
• Keeps current on technical developments in the field especially as they relate to internal audit. Participates in enhancing the status of the Internal Audit Department.
• Coordinate audit fieldwork in an economical manner.
• Assist with training of new department personnel.
Requirements • Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business oriented field.
• Active CPA or CIA certificate.
• Three-year minimum internal audit or equivalent experience.
• Good knowledge of internal auditing, accounting, financial, and operational controls in an automotive environment.
• Experience with information technology general controls, GAAP and IIA Framework.
• Effective communicator, both oral and written.
• Strong personal computer skills and experience with computer assisted audit techniques and ERP systems.
• Willing to travel 50% to 75%.