Job title: Residential Propane Sales Representative
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Business Development
Industry: Oil & Energy
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Compensation: $41,000 - $60,000 plus commission for sales made
Location: La Plata, MD
Skills: lead generation, sales, strong telephone and writing skills
Experience required:3 Years
Visa requirement: US citizens, green card holders preferred
Number of positions:1
We are marketers of motor fuels, heating fuels and related products and services to residential and commercial customers. The incumbent reports directly to the Field Sales Manager, for the evaluation of performance and direction of duties. Our Energy fuel business includes sales of fuel oil, kerosene, diesel, propane and applicable services to residential and commercial markets. In addition, we offer full service, sales and installation of HVAC products and generators.
• The incumbent is responsible for effectively managing assigned sales territories and ensuring the growth of new accounts while also retaining accounts profitably. This is achieved by developing innovative marketing strategies with the strict intention of growing the propane customer account base, while remaining competitive in products and profitable in sales, and providing service and support for all heating fuels products.
• The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the New Construction Program within the assigned territory, encouraging builders to build new homes with propane, and/or heating oil, therefore, giving the homeowner the option of selecting their source of heat. Building and maintaining strong relationships with realtors is a necessity, as they provide customer leads in growing our account base through a properly managed mover program.
• The nature of the job is such that work hours must be flexible as determined by prospect availability and RPSR territory management decisions with the approval of the Field Sales Manager or executive in charge. The normal work schedule, therefore, as established above may require evening and weekend hours.
• The position requires meeting with clients at their home for prescheduled appointments, as well as significant time spent prospecting.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sell propane fuel and related products/services to residential customers. Recognize opportunities and create referrals for other firm’s Energy products such as HVAC sales, and commercial opportunities.
• Develop a strong technical knowledge of the products and services of the Company as well as competitive products and services.
• Develop and execute an effective lead generation, sales management and sales lead pipeline program designed to provide a steady stream of qualified sales prospects.
• Use strong telephone and writing skills to achieve appointments with prospects, resolve customer complaints, credit problems and sell propane and services.
• Develop strong relationships with third parties such as realtors and/or builders to provide qualified leads. Make presentations to Realtor/HOA group meetings.
• Contact existing customers to monitor satisfaction levels and to upgrade them to automatic, budget or service contracts for customer retention.
• Make presentations to and be involved in community groups and non-profit organizations to enhance the Company’s image and develop leads.
• Maintain current competitive information and inform management of changes.
• Manage territory expenses within department budgets to maximize sales growth.
• Coordinate initial service with the Delivery Services Manager and/or Equipment Services to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Assist in execution of any trade shows, promotions and advertising as directed by the Field Sales Manager.
• Fulfill assigned responsibilities when the Company Contingency Plan is in effect.
• Maintain performance dashboard and other administrative reporting activities.
1. What will be the assigned territory?
The primary territory will be Anne Arundel and PG counties, however there may be overflow into bordering counties to meet current client demand and market expansion.
2. What kind of KPIs are in place?
The applicant will be measured against new account goals and various other product sales goals.
3. Is this a combination of inside and outside sales? Will the sales person have to generate his/her own leads?
Primarily outside sales. Many leads will be provided but prospecting for self -generated leads is a major component of the position.
4. Do they need to have experience with any CRM tools?
They will be required to perform in CRM, however previous experience is not required. Candidate must have good computer skills.
5. Do they need to have prior experience selling fuel oil, kerosene, diesel, propane?
Prior fuel sales, is a definite plus, but not a requirement.
We are a group of dedicated professionals working together to excel at what we do to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers across all of our business lines. Honesty, unwavering integrity and a deep commitment to doing the right thing are the tenets our company was founded on, and today are at the core of all we do. We know that our success is a function of the commitment each employee makes to one another. All of us who work at the Group have the opportunity to grow professionally and work in an environment that meets the needs of our team.
The Group was founded in 1926 and is headquartered in La Plata, Maryland. Our business lines include Food Stores, Oil, and Energy industries, which serve our customers across Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We are a privately held company that values family, collaboration and dedication.
Why join us?
When you work at The Group, you’ll be part of a team that is about more than just meeting basic needs. We’re passionate about ensuring that our customers are engaged and energized by each and every interaction with a Group team member, and we do this by paying attention to our customers and by taking the time to invest in the well-being of our employees.
That’s why we offer benefits such as paid leave for new mothers and fathers, a 100% tuition reimbursement program, and continuous professional development and technical training for all of our team members.
Entry Level Sales & Marketing Associate
Waldorf, MD - marketing, entry, sales, md, management, directors,...
Delivery Driver/Oil and Energy Sector/Permanent /Multiple Cities
La Plata, MD - oil, delivery driver, diesel, md, driver,...
Woodbridge, VA - sales, force, marketing, worth, confidential,...
Military Customer Service and Sales Reps (Entry-Level)
Alexandria, VA - marketing, door, sales, sales representative,...
Sports-Minded Kiosk Sales Representative
Alexandria, VA - marketing, sales representative, executive, sports,...
Route Sales Representative Lorton- Bread
Lorton, VA - fresh, product, route, sales, representative,...
Sports-Minded Kiosk Sales Representative
Alexandria, VA - marketing, sports, executive, sales,...