Hatfield is seeking an experienced, technically strong and dynamic individual to provide additional leadership to our growing aquatics group based in our North Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the environmental consulting market in Western Canada through their technical expertise and related business development experience in disciplines related to the aquatic environment. The successful individual will be responsible for: (i) managing a portfolio of environmental monitoring and assessment projects in British Columbia, Alberta, and northern Canada; (ii) providing senior direction and support to marketing and business development activities related to resource-based sectors such as mining, pulp and paper and oil and gas in Western and Northern Canada; and (iii) supervising and mentoring environmental staff, as well as coordinating and managing project teams.
The successful candidate will possess significant technical expertise and experience in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Aquatic ecology and limnology;
- Water quality and/or ecotoxicology;
- Aquatic effects monitoring and assessment; or
- Fisheries biology.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage teams of environmental specialists and technicians responsible for conducting technical work including aquatic resources sampling programs, baseline characterization and impact assessments, environmental effects monitoring, and habitat assessment and quantification.
- Facilitate environmental assessment and monitoring projects under the requirements of local, provincial, and federal environmental regulations. Duties will include: primary client contact; preparation and submission of all necessary data/report documents; meetings/presentations with/to clients and regulators/interest groups; schedules and budgeting (development and tracking); and providing sound technical guidance to clients throughout project life cycles.
- Collaborate with biologists, ecologists, ecotoxicologists, hydrologists, and other project specialists to implement multi-disciplinary projects.
- Organize and at times lead field surveys in remote locations for extended periods of time.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business development and marketing activities, and lead the preparation of technical and financial proposals as required for current and prospective clients.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Hatfield senior managers and partners on financial and human resource management issues.
- Manage, mentor, and train employees.
- Manage client interfaces and maintain key client relationships.
- Ensure compliance of Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, the law, and client health and safety protocols, as well as compliance with Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan and external requirements and regulations.
- Aptitude and experience in management and administration is essential, including financial and human resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigour to all projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead/mentor new and existing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong marketing and business development acumen.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- A relevant educational background in biological sciences, with emphasis on the disciplines noted above.
- Minimum of eight years managing aquatic environmental components of resource-based projects at a senior level.
- Minimum of three years managing a portfolio of aquatic assessment and monitoring projects.
- Sound working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation and environmental impact assessment methods.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires leadership, flexibility, and teamwork.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Human Resource Manager
Canada, Vancouver, BC - hr manager, tech, hr, human, b.c., human resource,...
Senior Environmental Business Strategist
Canada, Vancouver, BC - well, b.c., leadership, professional, strong,...
OfficeTeam Staffing Manager
Canada, Vancouver, BC - b.c., administrative, vancouver, manager, mail,...
OfficeTeam Staffing Manager
Canada, Vancouver, BC - b.c., administrative, manager, vancouver, mail,...
Food Service Supervisor
Canada, Vancouver, BC - b.c., dba, pizza, food service, food,...
Canada, Vancouver, BC - manager, kitchen, b.c., miss, ambassador,...
Project Manager/Sr. Consultant
Canada, Vancouver, BC - b.c., manager, project, project manager, software,...