Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD, 20817 is currently hiring a Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Responsibilities include: The Manager will report to the Director of Full Service, Financial Reporting and Analysis and be an integral member of the Marriott Financial Reporting and Analysis team. The manager will be responsible for the financial reporting and planning for the full service segment balance sheet and cash flows. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the P&L financial reporting and planning for Other Corporate segment as well as assisting with various sections of the Full Service P&L reporting.
The Manager will engage with stakeholders including Americas finance, various Corporate Finance departments, and other internal and external stakeholders. The Manager must be able to identify opportunities and process improvements, anticipate challenges, and execute strategies to deliver excellence in Financial Reporting and Analysis. He/she will manage one associate and will be instrumental in guiding their professional development.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
• Manage the balance sheet reporting process for the full service brands in order to assist with the consolidation of the Company’s balance sheet. Identify key trends and highlight critical variances, ensuring all material items are properly disclosed and classified.
• Manage the cash flow reporting processes for the full service brands in order to assist with the consolidation of the Company’s cash flow statement. Identify key trends and highlight critical variances, ensuring all material items are properly disclosed and classified.
• Review, report and analyze the monthly and quarterly reporting of operating results and forecast for Other Corporate. Provide pro-active interpretation of financial results and outline recommendations for follow-up actions, as appropriate. Complete comparisons to prior forecast, prior guidance and prior year for each period, quarter and year to date.
• Ensure the cash flow budget and quarterly forecasts for the full service brands are accurate and incorporate the most current information on development transactions. Identify key risks and opportunities and develop appropriate reporting for senior management. Identify significant variances to budget and last year and provide explanations for the activity.
• Coordinate and manage the annual business plan and budget process for Other Corporate P&L. Develop reports and analytics ensuring that key variances are reasonable based on underlying business drivers and unusual activity is explained.
• Ensure that all financial reports are prepared accurately, and on a timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Prepare and review interim and year-end PBCs for the full service segment balance sheet and Other Corporate P&L. Serve as the primary point of contact for audit inquiries from the external auditors related to assigned areas.
• Actively participate in the financial reporting and transaction processes for property acquisitions and dispositions. Engage in discussions on other significant financial transactions to ensure they are accurately reported.
• Ensure that balance sheet account reconciliations are current and that reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis. Complete MIP-66 account certification process
• Develop reports and analytics ensuring that key variances are reasonable based on underlying business drivers and unusual activity is explained.
• Assist with systems and reporting maintenance for the Full Service and Other Corporate. Facilitate systems requests received from America’s regional and hotel finance teams, Accenture Hospitality Services, and various Corporate Finance departments.
• Manage, motivate, develop, and train associates. Set goals and expectations using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP) and hold staff accountable for successful performance. Provide specific feedback to improve performance and conduct annual performance appraisal.
• Assist with the integration of Starwood brands into existing reporting and processes.
• Participate in ongoing efforts to fully leverage our systems including EPM, Hyperion Essbase, and Hyperion Financial Management.
• Complete special reporting and analytical projects as assigned by the Director, Financial Reporting and Analysis.
5-7 years of progressive accounting experience with strong analytical orientation.
Experience in Marriott Lodging or other MI business preferred.
Strong systems skills including Excel and experience with Hyperion financial applications. Must be comfortable analyzing and summarizing large volumes of data.
BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or MBA Preferred.
Attributes, Knowledge, and Skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to identify alternatives, collaborate on recommendations and implementing solutions
• Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of management
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization, as well as with external partner finance teams.
• Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure. Comfort with challenging status quo to improve effectiveness. Effectively prioritize multiple projects under pressure while meeting required goals and deadlines.
• Demonstrated leader with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
• Strong business process skills; capable of developing effective processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and create an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly throughout the organization.
• High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity. Willingness to champion change and evolve existing processes.
Customer service orientation with a proven ability to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction
To submit your application for this job, please go to online
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting
Bethesda, MD - marriott, accountant, reporting, hyperion,...
Manager, Meta Search
Bethesda, MD - marriott, goals, performance, reporting, well,...
SP/Mgr, Acctg & Reporting - Marriott International HQ (16001IBT)
Bethesda, MD - marriott, sheet, peoplesoft, mgr, treasury,...
Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting
Bethesda, MD - marriott, hyperion, reporting, sheet, processes,...
Senior Accounting Assistant, Creative Services
Bethesda, MD - marriott, accounting, reports, mainframe, services,...
Director, Int'l Tax Accounting & Reporting
Bethesda, MD - marriott, sec, tax, accounting, director, finance,...
Director International Tax Audit(Integration)
Bethesda, MD - marriott, tax, audits, accounting, finance,...