The Community Action Agency of Butte County, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit organization that has been providing supportive services to low-income residence in our community for almost 50 years! We are currently hiring a Construction Worker II within Energy & Environmental Services (EES); a unit of the Agency that provides utility payment assistance and weatherization/home energy saving services to low-income residents in Butte County.
The Construction Worker II is a full-time position working 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. This position is an experienced working level in the Construction Worker class series. Incumbents perform a variety of heavy physical labor and semi-skilled work in the maintenance, repair, and construction and weatherization of buildings and housing; and to do related work as required. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be two (2) years experience in the building and construction trades; or any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. **The full job description for this position is provided with the required Agency Application Packet.**
The starting hourly wage for this position is $11.79; negotiable within the assigned salary range based on experience and qualifications; salary range 45 ($11.79 to $15.12 per hour). This position offers an employee benefit package that includes the following:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance - The Agency currently pays 70% of the employee premiums and 15% of eligible dependent premiums.
• Life Insurance - The Agency currently pays for a $25,000 life insurance policy for the employee. Spouse and children coverage is available for a minimal fee.
• 403(b) Retirement Plan - Employees are eligible to make elective deferral contributions anytime on or after the date of hire. After completing one-year of service (1040+ hours), employees are eligible for 3% Agency contributions and matching contributions up to 3.25%.
• Optional Benefits – Accident, Critical Illness and Short-term Disability Coverage
• Other Annual Benefits - 96 hours of accrued Sick Leave, 40 hours of accrued Vacation, 8 hours of Personal Holiday Leave, 10 paid Agency observed holidays and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
Deadline: Friday, December 9, 2016; sufficient number of qualified applications must be received.
Would you like to become a part of our team Interested individuals are urged to apply as soon as possible. Submission of a completed Agency Application Packet is required to apply; obtain the required application packet by visiting our website.
Your completed application packet may be submitted:
In person: 181 E. Shasta Avenue, Chico or 2640 S. 5th Avenue, Oroville
By Fax: (530) 895-1848
By Email: Reply to this posting. or firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: P.O. Box 6369, Chico, CA 95927-6369.
Case Manager - Rapid Rehousing
Chico, CA - case manager, case, salary range, manager, agency,...
Per Diem (ACTION Program) Bonus
- community, action, services, provide, high school,...
ACTION Residential Support Worker Bonus
- community, action, provide, mental, daily,...
Home Health RN - $5K Bonus/ Salary Range Starting at
Chico, CA - salary range, territory, health, yes, pt, finance,...
Construction Engineer Specialist, Associate
Paradise, CA - cad, construction, engineer, engineering,...
Community Relations Director (Sales) - Senior Living- Chico CA
Chico, CA - living, relations, director, directors, community,...
Office Assistant III
Oroville, CA - office assistant, assistant, salary range, office,...