Duration: 3 months+
Days/Hours: Monday - Friday, weekends required as necessary; Rotating shifts: 2 weeks days (6 A.M. - 6 P.M.), then 2 weeks nights (6 P.M. - 6 A.M.)
Job Purpose/General Description:
* The purpose of this position is to provide electrical technical support to maintain operations for the facility.
* Electrician is responsible for installations, maintenance and repairs, in the most efficient manner, under minimal supervision.
* Interacts on a regular basis with plant maintenance personnel, operators, supervisors, contractors and other personnel.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Persons in this position must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Experience using complex test equipment to perform analysis and troubleshooting.
* Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers.
* Knowledge of the National Electric Code; state and local building codes
* Experience working with blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications and the mathematical knowledge required for such work.
* Experience installing coaxial or fiber optic cable for computers and other telecommunications equipment.
* Experience in a reliability program.
* Must be able to operate mobile equipment.
* Must have the demonstrated mechanical aptitude to work from all types of blueprints, maintenance manuals, and drawings.
* Must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
* Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
* Must be willing and able to work rotating 8 or 12 hour shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover vacancies, work jobs in progress and attend training.
* Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist, reach and work on irregular surfaces.
* Must be willing and able to work in inclement conditions and extreme temperatures.
* Must be able to work in an outdoor, dusty environment.
* Must be able to frequently lift 10-25 pounds with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to wear respirator and required safety equipment.
* Must be computer literate including being able to enter and retrieve data.
* Must be able to learn computer software programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and SAP.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have very good time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
* Must be able to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills.
* Must be willing to accept accountability.
* Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
* Must have adequate transportation.
Electrical/Mechanical Technician, $33.14/hr
Fresno, CA - welding, plant, electrical, mechanical, hr,...
Electrician - Full-Time - Engineering
TX - electrician, full, time, engineering, electrical,...
Houston, TX - electrician, electrical...
Houston, TX - operator, boiler, admin, steel, commodities,...
San Bernardino, CA - laborer, operator, cleaning, english,...
Fullerton, CA - forklift, warehouse, plant, shipping, materials,...
TX - electrician, apprentice...