Regarded as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE is a global leader in elevator and escalator business. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow™ experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings.
We are looking for
Responsible for the overall construction business as assigned by the Manager, District Installations and/or local installation leaders. Fully responsible for running profitable and efficient installation operations. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated construction projects to ensure site safety, project quality, and expected profitability is achieved within targeted time frame.
1. Manages individual performance through effective coaching, feedback, and utilization of the Performance Management Process (PMP). Manages Installation Supervisors and coordinating team members.
2. Develops employees in preparation for succession planning.
3. Responsible for the daily coordination of new equipment installation.
4. Enforce KONE Zero Tolerance safety policy at all work sites.
5. ccurately forecast the installation hours and cost for each project throughout installation.
6. Follow processes as outlined in the KONE BPE tool and other KONE installation documentation.
7. Work with general contractors and other trades to ensure project goals are met.
8. Manage multiple projects, coordinate start dates with customers, and ensure just in time delivery of equipment.
9. upport and ensure that field operatives are on task to meet customer project goals and KONE profitability target.
10. Partner with Project Management to discuss project’s progress, issues, and action/recovery plans.
11. Partner with sales operation to ensure accurate costing of new project bids and ensure book orders contain the expenses and labor hours necessary to meet expected profit margins.
1. Interface with Union representation and KONE field labor relations.
2. Prepare monthly reports of expenditures and accountability within the field.
3. Generate monthly closeout reports and projecting profits and loss.
4. Utilize SAP based upon position requirements.
Skills, Education and Experience
Education: Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university or a 2-year degree from an approved technical school preferred. Equivalent work experience in the construction industry accepted in lieu of degree.
Experience: 5-8 years experience in a supervisory role, preferably in the construction industry or similar field.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
1. Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with building owners/managers, general contractors, developers, and all levels of employees.
2. Ability to prioritize tasks, effectively manage projects, and overcome obstacles.
3. Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with Union employees and customers.
4. Ability to understand and assess business needs, develop and implement action plans, effectively manage multiple projects, and lead personnel to deliver desired results.
Ranked by Forbes as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE has been committed to understanding the needs of its customers for the past century, providing industry-leading elevators, escalators and automatic building doors as well as innovative solutions for modernization and maintenance.
At KONE, we strive to be a great place to work and we are proud to offer a wide range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.