Searching for a qualified Tooling Engineer – Plastics and Injection Molding to become an integral team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in Western NY with revenues exceeding $500M worldwide.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE:
• Manages tooling program for major OEM and proprietary projects.
• Follows NPI practices and procedures.
• Manages financial budget and timing for tools and tool changes for NPI or LCM.
• Technical analysis of part, tool design, material selection criteria and utilizes advanced engineering techniques such as mold Flow and cooling analysis.
• Develops and documents the injection molding process.
• Facilitate troubleshooting projects for tooling associated projects.
• Creates mold design concepts on new NPI tooling programs.
• Reviews all mold designs and materials selections for construction.
• Ability to manage tool sourcing using the company’s procedures and practices.
• Reviews plastic materials selection to ensure cost and application compatibility.
• Assists in new mold development, including design, process, and operations setup.
• Assists in equipment selection, specification, and maintenance protocol.
• Analyzes molding and secondary operations. Establish corrective actions for any defects as discovered.
• Assists in the establishment of molding conditions and processing standards to assure optimum conditions to meet SPC evaluations and controls.
• Assists in upgrading housekeeping, manufacturing equipment layout, safety, quality, appearance of the entire molding operation, and implement productivity improvements
• Maintains updated mold design files and computer design information.
• Maintains updated design information on all molding and peripheral equipment.
• Maintains direct contact with tool builders during the process of designing and building new tools to ensure conforming with the company’s needs, standards, and new product introductions.
• Maintain up-to-date job knowledge by way of attendance at seminars, visits to tool shops and equipment builders, trade journals and personal study time.
• Requires a 4 year Engineering degree in Plastics with an emphasis on design, injection mold processing or the equivalent.
• Must have established knowledge in product, equipment and mold design, machine shop operations and practices, molding operations and processing capabilities of thermoplastic molding materials, including a working knowledge of plastic materials.
• 2 to 3 years of experience with engineering grade thermoplastics materials, and mold flow preferred.
• Scientific molding principles are a required knowledge for set up and troubleshooting skills.
• Metal forming and die cast tooling experience a plus.
• This position requires international and domestic travel.
• Due to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, all candidates must be presently classified as a “US Person" which includes: a United States citizen; a permanent legal resident (green card holder); or a protected individual (refugee/asylum status).
• Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
• Hiring salary competitive with fantastic benefits package, room for growth into lead, senior, supervisory and management roles, relocation package, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
Electronics Design Engineer
Fredonia, NY - export, design engineer, pcb, 3d, electronics,...
Tooling Engineer - Injection Molding
Jamestown, NY - injection, molding, injection molding, mold,...
Injection Press Molding Operator
Corry, PA - injection, molding, press, operator...
Injection Molding Setup Technician
Buffalo, NY - molding, injection, injection molding, mold,...
Maintenance Mechanic II
Dunkirk, NY - injection, molding, welding, mechanic, mold,...
Plastic Machine Operators
Corry, PA - injection, molding, plastic, press,...
Process Engineer - Injection Molding - NY
Jamestown, NY - injection, molding, process engineer,...