We make stories like this possible every day. By empowering our fellow Ladies and Gentlemen to make each guest experience like no other. By taking passion and turning it into a vision. And, by leading a team that never forgets we’re creating guests for life.
The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, located at 1881 Curtis Street, Denver, CO, 80202 currently has the following opportunity:
Chief Engineer (16001H63): Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply online
Connect with us on social media to keep up to date on The Ritz-Carlton news, learn more about our culture, and engage with the Careers team on Facebook.
Join The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen. The Art and Soul of Hospitality.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Preventative Maintenance Engineer - Ritz-Carlton (1600163J)
Denver, CO - carlton, maintenance engineer, chef, painting,...
Building Maintenance Engineer
CO - chief, hvac, engineer, painting, plumbing, rail,...
Banquet Cook II - The Ritz-Carlton, Denver (16001OJ6)
Denver, CO - banquet, carlton, cook, co, street...
Host Hostess Casual Dining
Denver, CO - carlton, hostess, co, beverage, luxury, guest,...
Host Hostess Casual Dining
Denver, CO - carlton, hostess, place, clean, basis, special,...
Human Resources Coordinator - The Ritz-Carlton, Denver (16001NE5)
Denver, CO - chef, carlton, human, human resources, camera,...
Cook III Casual Dining 1
Denver, CO - cook, carlton, wash, food, co, foods, luxury,...