Williamson Employment Services has been a local family-owned and operated staffing company since 1992. We are in compliance with all state and federal laws. Williamson is also a member of the American Staffing Association, which promotes legal, ethical, and professional practices for the staffing industry. We offer competitive pay, health insurance that meets the ACA requirements, paid vacations, 401k, a referral bonus program, options of direct deposit or a payroll debit card, and a weekly pay schedule.
Williamson Employment Services is looking for Silkworm Lab Tech for the South Bend IN area
* Position length: Part-time Temp-to-hire
Days and hours may vary
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Duties and responsibilities:
* Willingness to work with insects
* Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time;
* Teamwork skills and patience;
* Attention to detail.
* Able to stand for long periods of the day
* Good hand-eye coordination
* The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
* Helps to raise silkworms from hatchling to cocoon for the production of silk.
* Capable of carefully handling and moving small worms from old containers to sterilized ones.
* Willing and able to clean silkworm waste and old feed from emptied silkworm containers, and subsequently sterilize containers.
* Ensure the cleanliness of the workspace to ensure the health of the silkworms.
* Help prepare silkworm feed, made from dried mulberry leaves, prepared in a large pressure cooker.
* Learn to identify diseased silkworms for removal and subsequent destruction, to prevent disease spread.
* Able to operate a laboratory oven for drying of cocoons.
* Learn to sort good from bad cocoons for harvesting.
* Gently package dried harvested cocoons for shipping.
* At least 2 years experience in a laboratory or factory setting.
* High school degree or GED
Very sterile environment - Perfumes, colognes, lotions, smoking or any other odors are not permitted into building - would be very harmful to the silkworms
The ability to function in a fast pace work environment. Capable of occasionally moving large objects, up to 50 lbs.
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
South Bend, IN - williamson, staffing, handle, equipment, payroll,...
Vehicle Service Attendant
South Bend, IN - williamson, attendant, staffing, payroll, interior,...
Receiving and Shipping
South Bend, IN - williamson, shipping, warehouse, forklift,...
Packing and Shipping
Buchanan, MI - williamson, packing, warehouse, shipping, staffing,...
CDL-A Truck Driver - Temperature Controlled Division
IN - control, recruiters, hr, card, station, student,...
Niles, MI - general labor, packaging, williamson, labor, hr,...
Business and Client Representative - Entry Level FULL TIME
IN - hr, rep, summer, 1099, representative, service,...