SP/Mgr, Acctg & Reporting
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD, 20817 is currently hiring a SP/Mgr, Acctg & Reporting.
Responsibilities include: The Manager will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and Analysis and be an integral member of the Financial Reporting and Analysis team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the balance sheet and cash flow financial reporting and planning for the Other Corporate Segment.
• Manage the balance sheet and cashflow reporting processes for Other Corporate in order to assist with the consolidation of the Company’s financial statements. Identify key trends and highlight critical variances, ensuring all material items are properly disclosed and classified. Identify significant variances to budget and last year and provide explanations for the activity.
• Manage Other Corporate cash flow budget process, including the review and analysis of inbound budget data from various departments and estimating expected activity based on previous trends. Ensure that cash flow budget and quarterly forecasts are accurate and incorporate the most current information on expected transactions.
• Collaborate with Accounting Policy, Accenture Hospitality Services, Treasury Accounting Services, Corporate and Statutory Accounting, Finance Business Partners and other departments to ensure necessary information is received timely and accurately and variances are explained appropriately. Engage in discussions on significant financial transactions to ensure they are accurately reported.
• Ensure that all financial reports are completed accurately, on a timely basis and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Maintain and/or review all necessary files and work papers that provide supporting documentation for internal and external issued reports.
• Maintain and update job aids and process documentation associated with Other Corporate processes.
• Coordinate with the owner of the Other Corporate P&L to oversee the Other Corporate chart of accounts and maintain overall division ownership by facilitating system updates to meet reporting requirements.
• Participate in implementing changes to financial reporting, including incorporating new functionality into system reports and leveraging new tools to ensure the efficient preparation of the balance sheet and cash flow packages.
• Manage the interim and annual audit processes for Other Corporate. Prepare and review interim and year-end PBCs, and serve as the primary point of contact for audit coordination and questions from the consolidated balance sheet group and the external auditors.
• Serve as a liaison with the consolidated balance sheet team for resolving and communicating reporting issues. Ensure that issues are resolved on a timely basis and that the appropriate areas are involved. Communicate issues to senior management.
• Ensure that balance sheet account reconciliations are current and that reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis. Complete MIP-66 account certification process.
• Complete special reporting and analytical projects as assigned.
• 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience with strong analytical orientation.
• Strong computer skills. Experience with spread sheet based programs (Excel). Access and PeopleSoft/Hyperion experience a plus.
• Experience in Marriott Lodging or other MI business a plus.
• Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines.
• Strong customer relations skills and customer service orientation.
• Positive attitude and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
• Self starter, highly motivated, and takes initiative.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates and all levels of management.
• Strong organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
• Strong management skills - ability to motivate others to perform at peak levels.
• Demonstrated leader with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• CPA preferred.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting - Marriott (16001GW2)
Bethesda, MD - marriott, sheet, hyperion, accounting, finance,...
Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting
Bethesda, MD - marriott, hyperion, reporting, sheet, processes,...
Payrolled Flex Staff Temporary Employer Rep
Bethesda, MD - marriott, records, md, basis, local, international,...
Senior Accounting Assistant, Creative Services
Bethesda, MD - marriott, accounting, reports, mainframe, services,...
Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting
Bethesda, MD - marriott, accountant, reporting, hyperion,...
Assistant Accounting Manager
Bethesda, MD - marriott, accounting manager, controller,...
Manager, Meta Search
Bethesda, MD - marriott, goals, performance, reporting, well,...