160299 Applications Engineer (Global Valve Train)
Our customer located in Plymouth, MI is seeking an Applications Engineer (Global Valve Train) for a direct hire position.
This position will start in the company’s office in Southfield, MI, but will be relocating to the office in Plymouth, MI in 2017.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience. Position is eligible for potential company bonus.
Must be able to travel to customer locations as required. A company car is provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Application Engineer is the lead engineering contact and works together with the Account Manager to provide the necessary services to the customer. The business situation and individual skills may dictate the method of meeting these responsibilities, but the end result will always be superior customer service and the advancement of the business. They are responsible for establishing Sealing Systems as a leader in providing technology-driven application solutions. This work includes: acting as the project lead for APQP documentation, acting as the voice of the customer regarding Part Design review prior to presentation to the customer, communicating and negotiating the Verification and Validation Testing to both meet customer expectation and minimize overall project costs incurred and timing required to complete this phase, and communicating any required Failure Analysis reports. The Application Engineer is responsible for performing the necessary job functions needed to fully support customer projects, which in turn must generate increasing revenues and earnings for the company. The Application Engineer’s primarily role is to act as the technical product expert, interfacing with the appropriate technical counterparts within the customer’s organization.
• General knowledge of engine performance and test methods as it relates to Powertrain systems.
• Work with Product Engineers in the design of valvetrain solutions that meet customer requirements.
• Communicate customer test requirements and publish customer test reports.
• APQP Project leader: conduct regular reviews of open issues list and progress toward timely completion of program timing, manage process to ensure milestone commitments are met.
• Lead company gate review process throughout the product development cycle.
• Initiate analysis on returned product for failure mode and report results to the customer.
• Assist in Root Cause Analysis of EOT (End of Test) or field returned parts.
• Process Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Sample Orders (SO).
• Work with manufacturing facility to assure manufacturability of design.
• Travel to support the customer and to support / develop new opportunities.
• Actively participate in achieving corporate and divisional goals and objectives as to quality, cost, profit, and return on sales, productivity, and customer service, adherence to budget goals.
• Conceptualize realistic designs, preferably during real-time conversations with the customer.
• Manage customer requests and expectations to ensure our customer maintains a positive perception of company.
• Work with Valvetrain Account Managers and Business Managers, developing specific customer account strategies.
• Proficient knowledge of internal and customer systems and how to use them to benefit the business. Manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
• Accurately evaluate business issues / opportunities to prioritize personal activities, and more broadly, the organizational priorities within the various technical services groups.
• Communicate the changing needs of the marketplace to assist the Advanced Development Team in the definition and release of new products and materials.
• Source of information to create template and perform detailed technical customer presentations.
• Identify new significant / global program opportunities and execute a plan to deliver new business to the company.
• Assist / direct the education and training of less experienced Application Engineers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience with engine systems and/or components is required.
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires general knowledge of Print Reading, CAD, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and FEA.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “160299 Applications Engineer (Global Valve Train)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 to 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
160609 Applications Engineer (Sealing)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engine, customer, applications, systems,...
Safety Valve Technician
Melvindale, MI - welding, valve, calibration, valves, field service,...
Application Engineer- Engine
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engineering, application, oem, failure,...
160608 Applications Engineer (Ignition)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, engineering, mechanical engineering,...
160412 Applications Engineer (Rings & Liners)
Plymouth, MI - engineer, power, diesel, engineering, engine,...
Valvetrain Component Center of Excellence COE Lea
Auburn Hills, MI - valve, industrial engineering, engine, mechanical,...
Redford Charter Township, MI - industrial, heat, charter, train, sales,...