We currently have 4 vacancies at I2 for Native English speakers who wish to teach English as a foreign language in Guiyang, Guizhou Province, China.
Guizhou is one of the gems covered in mountains and still relatively unknown to the west. The people of Guizhou are from various minorities, which give the capital city Guiyang a very cultural feeling! Not only is it a cultural 'hot pot', Guiyang and other cities in Guizhou boast some of the cleanest air in China. Recently voted in the top 5 least polluted cities in China, this makes Guiyang a favourable place to live.
You are not isolated in Guiyang, anything that you would eat or buy in your home country can be bought within Guiyang, including things like Starbucks, KFC, Burger King, Carefour, Ole (Foreign foods supermarket) and Pizza Hut.
Basic salary 11,000-20,000RMB per month (£1325 - £2410)
1,800 RMB house allowance per month
Yearly bonus 9,000RMB (£1085)
Fully comprehensive medical & accident insurance
Fully legal work visa and work permits arranged
2 days off per week, half day sick leave per month
14 days paid annual leave plus 14 days public holidays
Professional training and academic support
Chinese lessons provided
TEFL Test Training provided in China
Career promotion opportunities
Start-up apartment loans available
Additional student demo, retention bonus
Native English speaker preferred
Minimum of Bachelor ‘s degree
At least 1 years teaching experience
TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate preferred
Working Time and Location
The teacher will work 30 hours per week. This 30 hours is comprised of 22 teaching hours and 8 hours of in-office flexible&professional time.
Each week, the teacher will work 5 days, and have 2 days off.
Teachers may have teaching duties in the center or off-site.
- Give lessons to the highest professional standards of English language teaching, and according to the i2 Course Map.
- Actively, professionally, and frequently communicate with clients (parents of students, or adult students) all relevant information regarding the performance and progress of the student.
- Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps on short notice, when requested.
- Be willing to teach ALL ages and levels – if the teacher’s skill at teaching a certain age/level is weak, then the teacher will work to improve his/her teaching ability for that level.
- Cooperate with the marketing team to prepare and lead scheduled enrichment activities for students.
- Be responsible for students’ welfare and timely progress.
- Cooperate with the School Principal, Foreign Teacher Manager, and other office staff to ensure constructive communication and efficient operation of the School.
- Maintain student and class records in a timely and thorough manner.
- Allow observation of classes by new colleagues, for training purposes.
- Cooperate with the marketing and multimedia teams in the creation of promotional materials. This may include the occasional video/photo recordings of classes and teacher interviews.
- Develop and use suitable supplementary classroom materials as necessary for effective teaching.
- Administer, correct, and record student assessments, and complete timely progress reports.
- Complete lesson plans for all classes prior to the start of class. Lesson plans will be monitored for completion and quality. This is a core requirement at i2 – lesson plans must be completed even in excess of the required 8 hours of flexible&professional time.
- Be on-site and ready to complete appropriate tasks as assigned by the School Principal or Foreign Teacher Manager.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings, training, and/or workshops.
- Complete long-term Study Plans when requested.
- Assist in placement testing and interviewing of new students. Professional Development
- Regularly evaluate, and be proactive in improving, their own performance as a teaching professional.
- Communicate regularly with management and colleagues in order to facilitate professional development. This includes allowing observation, accepting performance feedback, and striving to improve teaching performance.
English Teachers in China
China - chinese, esl, english, speaker, teachers, native,...
Home Based English Teacher (Native Speaker)
China - chinese, speaker, esl, teacher, english,...
ESL Teacher for in China
China - esl, chinese, speaker, english, teacher, native,...
English Tutor for China Learning Centers
China - chinese, tutor, esl, english, speaker, native,...