Prepares and cooks food for the restaurants according to OTG specifications in a timely manner while maintaining the safety, sanitation and security of the kitchen and equipment. Works in assigned restaurant unit or group of units as determined by Terminal management.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, washing, chopping, and storing according to OTG specifications and restaurant directions
- Prepare and cook food according to predetermined OTG specifications and quantities
- Check and ensure correctness of the temperatures of appliances and food and maintain required logs
- Notify a manager if a product does not meet specifications
- Set-up, clean, and break down work station
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles; ensure proper arrangement and garnish
- Aid in moving and installation of kegs of beer
- Complete safety training and certifications
- Maintains a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance
- Follows all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions to a MOD immediately
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of propriety information
- Maintain and care for company equipment according to instruction
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards, when applicable, and assists guests as needed
- Communicate with others using clear, respectful and professional language
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the chef to ensure optimum services
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and work toward the goal of customer satisfaction
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Clean, sanitize, and organize all kitchen areas, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas according to OTG specifications
- Must understand and adhere to all airport rules and regulations
- 1 to 2 years Culinary experience in a fast dining restaurant (demonstrating entry-level cooking skills)
- Quick serve grilling, frying, etc.
- Excellent knife skills (must adhere to OTG knife handling policy)
- Experience on multiple stations in the kitchen, preferred
- Knowledge of cooking procedures, safety and sanitation
- Able to lift 35 lbs or more
- Always ensuring quality of product and accuracy
- Supporting other cooks & working in a team environment
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, weather conditions, as needed
Job Type: Full-time
High school or equivalent
cooking: 1 year
Line Cooks, Grill Cooks, and Prep Cooks
North Arlington, NJ - cooks, prep, grill...
Jersey City, NJ - cooks, interior, cook, food, quality, city,...
Hiring Line Cooks 's most famous restaurant
New York, NY - cooks, cook, line cook, food, brooklyn, junior,...
for Portfolio Manager New York City, NY
New York, NY - rf, cfo, coo, portfolio, developer, manager, city,...
New York, NY - chef, cook, airport, cooks, food, sanitation,...
Global Benefits Consultant
New York, NY - benefits, insurance, employee, develop, employment,...
Senior Global Benefits Consultant
New York, NY - benefits, insurance, team, lead, employment,...