The Process Excellence Engineer is responsible for implementing business improvement initiatives for manufacturing lines. He/She defines opportunities, analyzes data, designs manufacturing line flows, and improves business processes. Improvement initiatives are led by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams that deliver tangible business results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools. Utilizing business, leadership and technical skills, the Process Excellence Engineer will execute projects at the manufacturing site.
• Responsible for development an execution of plan to deliver process performance improvements related to Quality, Delivery, and Cost of a manufacturing process or line.
• Develops change management plan and execution plan to improve flow of products, people and information.
• Leverages process knowledge to identify opportunities / solutions to improve throughput capacity by reducing impact of constraints.
• Is responsible for driving associates’ engagement and for developing Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring.
• Sustains business improvement results through the application of Production System (Lean, Six Sigma, ME2, Do It Right, and other continuous improvement methodologies).
• Facilitates business case definitions and results presentations; as required.
• Follows and observes all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility.
• Complies with safety requirements and safe working conditions and practices in the department
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
• 1-3 years overall business experience. Experience in Manufacturing is preferred.
• Experience in Six Sigma, Lean methodologies, and Project Management is preferred.
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree is preferred in an Engineering or Science discipline.
• Lean certification as Green Belt or Black Belt is preferred.
• Six Sigma certification as Green or Black Belt is preferred.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the lean manufacturing principles: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Vuisual Management, Capacity Analysis and SMED.
• Demonstrates understanding of common engineering analysis tools such as statistical process control (which are applied in conjunction with continuous improvement principles).
• Demonstrates awareness of other engineering specialties and upstream stakeholders, including Quality Engineering and New Product Introduction teams.
• Demonstrates knowledge of factors against which production effectiveness is measured, including elements such as inventory effectiveness (i.e. WIP), product quality (i.e. critical Quality attributes, critical process parameters, proven acceptable ranges, etc.) and other relevant metrics.
• Defines opportunities, analyzes data, designs manufacturing line flows, and improves business processes. Utilizing business, leadership and technical skills, will execute projects at the manufacturing site.
• Demonstrates understanding of health and safety requirements.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of equipment effectiveness and manufacturing & maintenance excellence concepts (OEE, SOL, etc.).
• Possesses understanding of employee relations and motivational factors.
• Demonstrates understanding of the need for cost management and its importance for customers and consumers.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of product costs (i.e. COGS), Design to Value concepts, and key levers that impact improvement or degradation in cost performance
• Is able to deliver oral and written communications around process improvement projects. Communication should show clarity of objectives.
• Demonstrates organized, analytical approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrates familiarity with FDA, GMP and ISO.
• Understanding of financial processes (standard cost development) and business planning is preferred.
• In depth understanding of production and quality control techniques such as CFM and TQM is preferred
• Experience in requesting and translating customer needs is preferred.
• Leads change, connects with others and shapes the environment.
• Is experienced with change management skills
• Demonstrates assertiveness & collaboration skills
• Has a record of tangible improvements
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Shows strong decision making and problem solving skills
Process Engineer I : San Angelo, TX
San Angelo, TX - lean, sigma, process engineer, black, belt,...
Quality Engineer I - SAN ANGELO, TX
San Angelo, TX - quality engineer, sigma, engineer, black, lean,...
Class A CDL Regional truck driver
San Angelo, TX - oil, drive, cdl driver, months, field, class, off,...
Desktop Support Technician - San Angelo, Texas
San Angelo, TX - desktop support, ccna, cisco, engineer, desktop,...
Operations Manager/Supervisor II - SAN ANGELO, TX
San Angelo, TX - lean, operations manager, manufacturing, jde,...
Quality Engineer II - (Product Development)
San Angelo, TX - quality engineer, supplier quality, black, quality,...
San Angelo, TX - planner, scheduler, chain, manufacturing, sigma,...