Senior Support Engineers serve as a key member within the Technical Support organization, responsible for 3 very important functions within the Support group:
- Provide high level of expertise for support of local field service staff.
- Research/develop and provide training for hardware maintenance and product support.
- Provide support to Sales and management with high priority client sales and situations.
Additionally, This position has the responsibility to serve as a client based Technical Advocate at HPE.
These Engineers are typically the upper crust of hardware field engineering staff and have shown a high degree of success with timely accurate problem resolution. These individuals are looked upon as the thought leaders for the various technical areas they represent; and as such will be called upon to provide leadership and direction with regard to investment, training and expertise.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
15+ years IBM zSeries, pSeries, iSeries, FEP, peripheral storage device hardware with accompanied OS experience.
• (SSE) Senior Support Engineer provides additional levels of technical expertise and experience to supplement local field staff’s technical ability as they perform their duties in the field and in the office.
• Work on daily escalations from the field and have the ability to multitask on multiple escalations when needed.
• Reviews new equipment for maintainability to insure that our field and support staff can obtain the resources required, and necessary, to maintain the equipment under contract i.e. manuals, training, parts, equipment etc.
• Assists remote offices in the ramp up of large customer sparing preparations as well as assisting in the evaluation, and installation of spare hardware after the acquisition of new hardware maintenance contracts.
• Occasionally involved in highly complex site audits and ramp up of new technology to provide training required for maintenance.
Client based Technical Advocate:
• Work directly with technical teams to understand platform specific service requirements.
• Participate in technical planning sessions.
• Participate in periodic reviews for the maintenance services defined in the SOW.
• Work with technical Architects to understand maintenance strategies and plans
• Engage where needed in critical situations
• Reviews sales proposals for potential issues i.e. firmware levels, patch issues, additional hardware requirements and compatibility issues.
• Interfaces with customers in sales related activities, conference calls, technical assessment meetings, and provide support for sales meetings during contract negotiations etc.
• Attends follow up sales meetings on service performance reviews.
• A background in Engineering, Service and Support is a requirement.
• Interface directly with Customers high-level crisis escalation Management teams.
• In depth background in break/fix hardware service experience on IBM zSeries, iSeries, pSeries, 37xx, and storage devices.
• Highly qualified in the Mission Critical IBM Environment and peripherals to provide Tier 3 support. Must have direct in-depth knowledge of IBM and HP diagnostics, tools and utilities to facilitate remedial service and assist Field Service in meeting contractual Customer SLA.
• High level of expertise in IBM enterprise class hardware and peripherals with proven technical background.
• Experience with the Maintenance Services business.
John C. McInnis, President
The AIM Group
IT Consulting & Placement
Associate Technical Support Engineer
MA - black, support engineer, technical support,...
Support Engineer- Life Sciences Data Scientist
Waltham, MA - scientist, support engineer, support, tibco,...
Service Support Engineer
Boston, MA - support engineer, support, chat, engineer,...
Technical Support Engineer - Desktop and Server
Newton, MA - support engineer, it support, desktop support,...
Technical Support Engineer (New College Graduate)
Waltham, MA - support engineer, qa, technical support, engineer,...
Technical Support Engineer
Cambridge, MA - support engineer, information technology, engineer,...
Full Stack Engineer
Natick, MA - engineer, chef, support engineer, foundry, php,...