Job title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job type: Full Time
Job function: Other
Industry: Packaging and Containers
Experience level: Associate
Education level: Some college coursework completed
Compensation: $17-24.48/hour + benefits (Mount Vernon, OH/Mason, OH) $18-27/hour+ benefits (Harrisburg, NC)
Location: Mount Vernon, OH / Mason, OH / Harrisburg, NC
Skills: blow molding, using gauges and instruments, manufacturing experience, plastics experience
Experience required:2 Years
Relocation assistance: No
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Green card holders
Number of positions: 3
Company has an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic for Ohio and North Carolina locations. It is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others.
It is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for successful individuals can be significant. The Company is also preparing for an IPO (Initial Public Offering) so this is an exciting time full of potential for the organization.
The success of our many production operations hinges on our ability to safely produce quality products, on-time, every time, for our large and diverse customer base. A key component of this mission is our Maintenance department. The talented group of tradesmen we have throughout our production facilities are responsible for ensuring the plant’s sophisticated machinery (i.e. blow molders) and tooling are running properly and efficiently.
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all facility machines as well as repairing any machines to minimize downtime. Mechanics are also challenged with performing efficient changeovers as our production facilities shift to various customer orders and SKUs.
Our company offers a solid and competitive pay and benefits package and a rewarding place to work.
Main Position Responsibilities:
• Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
• Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
• Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment to new sizes or performs scheduled maintenance.
• Tests equipment to check operation clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework; tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
• Examines, tests and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms; checks product for visual defects.
• Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
• Examines defects and analyzes spoilage causes and, where possible, takes corrective action; analyzes and records cause of production delays on daily production report.
• Notifies maintenance department or supervisors of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
Key Attributes / Behaviors
• Strong schematic reading proficiency
• Experience with hydraulics/pumps are essential
• Experience in a production / manufacturing environment
• Ability to work in a safe manner
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Willingness to work overtime, off-shift
• Must be able to work on-call as needed
• Experience with blow molding is desirable
Looking for a Maintenance Mechanic with manufacturing experience. This is a plastic manufacturing plant.
This group manufactures and supplies plastic, fiber, and steel drums as well as intermediate bulk containers (“IBCs”) for the chemical, industrial and food & beverage industries, among many others. With revenues of $1.5 billion, the company is also the leading provider of reconditioning services for used plastic drums and IBCs of all products. Company’s 4,400 employees operate 98 production facilities across 18 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia. The group is globally headquartered in Bruehl, Germany. North America is the largest business unit of the global organization.
Company combines more than 120 years of packaging technology experience with a profound understanding of specific market requirements. In the course of our long history we have frequently initiated patents, inventions and innovations that came from our own research and development laboratories. Many of them have become standards in the industrial packaging field.
OH - mechanic, maintenance mechanic, chemical,...
Reduction Engineering - Pelletizer Systems Sales Representative
OH - plastic, molding, plastics, factory, chemical,...
Elyria, OH - molding, quality manager, plastic, cmm, mold,...
Account Manager - Plastic Molding Equipment Supply & Maintenance
Elyria, OH - molding, injection, plastic, manager sales,...
Diesel Mechanic/Transportation Industry/CDL License/Mechanical Repair
Rensselaer, NY - mechanic, diesel, brake, oil, refrigeration,...
Piping Field Engineer (Site)
Singapore - piping, marine, welding, preservation, oil,...
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - KY #3483
Ghent, KY - maintenance manager, maintenance engineer,...