Adult / Geriatric Nurse Practitioner – Home Based Care--Santa Cruz, California (Experienced Providers preferred)
We are seeking a Full time (or possibly part time) Nurse Practitioner based in the Monterey Bay Area. The Provider would care for geriatric patients in a unique way: by visiting the patience in their homes. Home, hospital, assisted living community, nursing home, board and care-wherever they are. Our client coordinates expert geriatric medicine with education, support, and sensitive care that takes into account not only patients, but also families and caregivers. The company specializes in treating the behavioral problems that so often occur with dementia.
We are seeking an experienced nurse practitioner to be part of this pioneering practice. The successful candidate will have excellent medical credentials and will be comfortable working independently and thinking creatively. The NP will be making house calls around the Monterey Bay Area, Santa Cruz to Carmel, managing schedules, treating patients and responding to patient and family calls.
Our Nurse Practitioner must have strong clinical, communication and computer skills, and be comfortable working with a frail geriatric population and with families under stress. He/she must be open to growing the business to increase both income and the visibility of the company’s unique services by networking in the community and giving talks to senior care groups.
Other important qualifications include:
• 2 years experience as a nurse practitioner, preferably working with frail, elderly patients, handling chronic and preventive care required. Experience dealing with geropsychiatric issues highly desirable.
• Current Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably Geriatric Nurse Practitioner.
• Current California RN license and Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
• Current CPR for Health Professional Certification.
• California Nurse Practitioner furnishing license and DEA license with schedule II prescribing privileges or requisite pharmacology courses to attain license after 6-month supervised practice from MD.
• MS degree in nursing with specialization as a geriatric or adult nurse practitioner.
• Experience either working with homebound elderly or working in a highly independent setting is mandatory, as you will take primary responsibility for your own patients, with telephone consultations & support by an MD, in most cases, after initial orientation with MD and Senior NP.
Competitive base salary and incentive plan. Benefits package and car allowance. Great opportunity so come join their team today!
Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (0404ma)
Santa Cruz, CA - practitioner, nurse practitioner, np, geriatric,...
Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
Santa Cruz, CA - np, practitioner, nurse practitioner, geriatric,...
Nurse Practitioner Geriatric Psych NP
Scotts Valley, CA - np, psych, practitioner, nurse practitioner,...
Physician / Family Practice / California / Permanent / Family Medicine
CA - medicine, practitioner, nurse practitioner,...
Nurse Practitioner Ambulatory Clinic
Scotts Valley, CA - practitioner, nurse practitioner, np, caregiver,...
Scotts Valley, CA - practitioner, nurse practitioner, chief, directors,...
Physician / Cardiology / California / Locum tenens / Amazing Advanced
CA - cardiology, practitioner, locum, office support,...