PLC Controls Technician/ Maintenance Electrician
The primary function is to plan and execute work to maintain, troubleshoot, repair and improve (HNA) automation, controls, and technology systems and equipment per HNA engineering standards
This position may require a B.S. degree in a related engineering field and a minimum of three (3) years experience. Or equivalent demonstrated experience on the job and commitment to a timeline for achieving the required degree. This individual will interact with various groups within the plant as well as outside resources such as consulting engineers, architects, draftspersons, and contractors that cover all disciplines – electrical, mechanical, civil, environmental, and controls.
• Must have working knowledge of Rockwell Automation software such as but not limited to, Factory Talk,Panel Builder, Control Logix,RS logix
• Provide project management assistance for integration on major capital expenditures which insures projects are on time and within budget and that the installed systems are fully functional, meeting all requirements
• Provide input and feedback regarding capital appropriations and expenditure to meet guidelines
• Provide technical input (e.g. layout drawings and capital estimates) to upper management regarding potential options for capital projects
• To provide support to the Engineering manager on projects including the generation of project documents as well as utilizing commitment control documents, generating and maintaining timetables and key measurements, and may assist with directing internal and external resources, etc
• Execute strategies for automation, controls, and technology, which will reduce cost and improve quality of products
• To interact with other maintenance and engineering department personnel as required, creating a cohesive, cross-functional team for the development and delivery of key projects.
• Areas of expertise should include; electronics, controls, instrumentation, data collections systems
• Adhere to standards and protocol for bid packages in order to deliver cost effective engineered solutions.
• Insure compliance of all control systems with regulatory agencies including: FDA, AIB, OSHA, NEC, USDA, NFPA, BOCA, etc. Ability to understand and insure that all systems also comply with state and local codes and standards.
• May be required to perform other tasks as needed.
• Assists with project installations and retains ownership through start-up and project closure.
• Provides training and technical services at the plant level.
• Participate/support the RMP (Risk Management Process) and assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
• Oversees all installations, troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic devices throughout the production processes and factory, ensuring conformance to specifications. Oversee problem solving efforts concerning electronic, PLC’s, and instrumentation equipment to minimize failures and downtime.
• Troubleshoot all factory PLC, HMI and Ethernet equipment and network connections.
• Responsible to insure proper training of in house technicians has been completed for each new system and that skills are kept current on all existing systems.
• Provides assistance and expertise to engineering concerning the design and installation of new systems.
• Responsible for computerized maintenance management and activity scheduling for maintenance to minimize equipment downtime by developing PM procedures and frequencies and by ensuring PM’s maintain their proper priorities in the scheduling of maintenance activities.
• Responsible for developing and recommending improvements to equipment, methods, layout, and procedures pertaining to department operations. Reduce chronic problems and optimize performance of existing systems through analysis and implementation of solutions.
• Provide a safe and healthful work environment for all personnel through consistent support of the company’s Safety Process. Oversee safety processes including, but not limited to, goal setting, hazard recognition, and elimination, administration of safety procedures and corresponding corrective action, area inspection, job skills, and compliance training, accident investigation and safety meetings.
• BS degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or systems.
• Prefer 5-7 years’ experience.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, PLC’s and local IS systems.
• Ability to interpret computer terminology as it relates to data entry.
• Must be technically literate and able to interpret correctly symbols, diagrams, and schematics, drawing for information pertinent to the electrical and electronic systems, machinery or equipment.
• Must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following systems and equipment:
1) VFD control experience: Analog and Discrete I/O, ControlNet, Ethernet
2) PLCs: ControlLogix, CompactLogix, Slick 500
3) HMI experience: FatoryTalk View Studio, SE and ME Stations
4) Machine level communication: ControlNet, Ethernet
5) Plant level communications: Ethernet, RSLinx, FactoryTalk directory
7) Programming: Produce/Consume tags, AOIs, UDTs.
8) AB 500, AB5000, ME/SE,Device Net
Panel Builder / Electrician
MI - electrician, electrical, plc, hmi,...
PLC Controls Technician
Holland, MI - plc, engineering manager, plant, instrumentation,...
Zeeland, MI - electrician, plant, mechanic, electrical, plc,...
3rd Shift Industrial Electrician
Zeeland, MI - electrician, plant, welding, electrical, plc,...
2nd Shift Maintenance Electrician
Holland, MI - electrician, plc, crane, welding, metal, stamping,...
Grand Haven, MI - electrician, plc, electrical, machinery...
Spring Lake, MI - electrician, plc, electrical...