INJECTION MOLD DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client is seeking a proven Injection Mold Design Engineer who is responsible to develop mold design concepts, and complete fabrication-ready 3D design files. Molds are intended for very high productivity application, typically multiple cavity hot runner designs. Designers will incorporate state-of-the-art mold making technology, metallurgy, and innovative new mold design strategies. The role will involve understanding key design requirements, leading the development of mold design layouts and concepts, and fully engineering the complete mold design.
• Develop mold design concepts consistent with SPI 101/401 class injection molds, where molds will typically run in very high productivity operations for extended tool life [exceeding 5 million cycles].
• Work with program managers and customers to fully understand molded part design requirements, and integrate these requirements in to mold design.
• Leverage Modeling and Simulation studies, run by other experts, to improve and optimize mold designs for productivity and longevity.
• Develop and integrate new mold design approaches, and new mold design technology.
• Deliver complete fabrication ready 3D mold designs.
Functional Skills & Competencies:
• Possess deep technical mastery of mold design
• Understanding common mechanical functions including hydraulics, pneumatics, electronic instrumentation, and servo driven actions
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to learn new technology
• Strong 3D CAD skills
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across functions and with customers
• Ability to research problems, develop solutions and present possible solutions for implementation
• Ability to work successfully under pressure of tight timelines and frequent changes to a heavy workload
• Ability to work with outside vendors
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree is desired
• 5+ years’ experience in injection mold design & engineering is required
• Experience with multiple cavity hot runner molds of SPI class 101/401 is required
• 5+ years’ experience with 3D CAD design required, working knowledge of multiple industry leading 3D CAD programs is desired
• Experience in a Research and Development, Manufacturing or related environment is desired
• Previous experience in programming CNC machining equipment is desired
• Previous machinist/tool making experience is desired
• 10-30% travel required
Injection Molding, Plastics, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Mold Design, High-Speed Production, Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial, Controls, Process, Technology, Applications, Control Systems, Statistical Data Analysis, Technical Test Methods, Cavitation, Cavity, CAD, Machining, Automation.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush at email@example.com. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates
San Antonio, TX - injection, solidworks, designer, molding,...
OH - injection, molding, programmer, controls engineer,...
OH - injection, molding, sales engineer, plastic,...
Machine Design Engineer
Cincinnati, OH - design engineer, 90k, cad, assembly, engineer,...
Java/AWS Developers with Kafka - MULTIPLE
Cincinnati, OH - injection, reliance, java, proficient, programming,...
Senior Software Engineer (.Net)
Cincinnati, OH - injection, .net, scrum, pl, engineer,...
Staff / Senior / Mechanical Design Engineer (PDC)
- molding, injection, mechanical design,...