As a Software Technical Writer, you will be responsible for developing technical product documentation and related materials. Assignments will focus on preparation of technical user documents that assist end users in effectively working with a particular software product.
Key responsibilities include:
• Actively participate in daily Scrum stand-up meetings, weekly planning, and review meetings.
• Support software developers in the development of quality content in product documentation and capture of internal product knowledge.
• Research, collect source data, interact with software, and interview appropriate personnel to compose text for technical documentation.
• Participate in ensuring that documentation standards, policies, procedures, and templates are maintained and implemented.
• Create documents such as user guides, installation guides, release notes, and others for multiple products.
• Create diagrams, tables, screen captures, or other visuals as needed.
• Evaluate and update legacy documentation as needed.
• Produce documentation output, such as PDFs and online help.
• Validate and test new and existing customer documentation for quality.
• Work within source control to manage document versions and ensure content is up-to-date.
• Work in cooperation with teams to coordinate production of final output to ensure timely completion of documentation projects.
• Assist with information sharing tools and processes.
• Participate in active learning and knowledge sharing sessions with co-located peers working on technical publications.
• Provide input on other technical writing projects by critiquing, editing, and proofreading materials prepared by others as needed.
• Assist with providing information for marketing documentation, business process documentation, and training materials as needed.
• Adapt quickly to new scenarios that require specific skill sets and have high levels of ambiguity.
• At least 5 years of technical writing experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in a software development, engineering, or related environment.
• Familiarity with conventions in form, structure, and notation of technical writing.
• Exceptional written, organizational, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
• Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience using some form of online help development tools.
• Familiarity with source control systems and single-source documentation.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments and adjust work efforts based on department needs or business goals.
• Highly motivated; able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
• Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Atlanta, GA - writer, technical writer, oracle, sap, technical,...
Atlanta, GA - writer, technical writer, documentation, technical,...
Atlanta, GA - writer, technical writer, technical...
Atlanta, GA - writer, technical writer, iso, sharepoint,...
Atlanta, GA - technical writer, writer, documents, word, oracle,...
Junior Technical Writer
Atlanta, GA - writer, technical writer, junior, oracle, project,...
Technical writer 1
Tarrytown, NY - writer, technical writer, medical device, handler,...