Crisis Response Team Counselor I
JOB TITLE: Crisis Response Team Counselor I
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2016
PROGRAM: Crisis Response Team
REPORTS TO: CRT Manager
FACILITY: CSU Outpatient
JOB STATUS: Full Time & Part Time
FLSA: Non Exempt
Crisis Counselor provides 24/7 mental health crisis services in various settings for immediate crisis assessment, crisis intervention, and time-limited, crisis counseling to promote crisis resolution and evaluation to individuals in Polk and Hardee Counties who may be experiencing any type of emotional distress.
In the performance of their respective task and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
a. Fully understand and consistently exhibit all of Peace River Center’s Core Values, while fostering the same with all direct reports.
b. Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
c. Interact professionally with other employees, customer and vendors.
d. Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
e. Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Answer crisis line telephones.
• Conduct crisis assessments/interventions which include assessment of co-existing issues.
• Concisely and correctly complete clinical documentation and related paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
• Conduct follow-up assessments/contacts.
• Co-ordinates client transfer process through review of documentation, insurance verification, and liaison between CSU and other referring organizations.
• Maintain crisis line log, assessment log, and other documentation for statistical and outcome purposes as necessary.
• Contact companies to get managed care authorizations.
• Review of Baker Act certificates that come to the CSU.
• Attend all scheduled work hours, meetings, trainings, and other center functions as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related area preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year of experience in mental health or related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Appropriate telephone skills in crisis situation.
Respond appropriately and quickly in stressful situations while maintaining self-control.
Make competent independent decisions relating to recipient’s service needs.
Prioritize work load and work independently.
Ability to conduct assessments and interventions, which includes assessment of substance abuse/co-occurring issues, mental health disorders, and family systems issues.
React to a quickly changing environment productively.
• Complete specific training as required in FA 65-E5
• Approval of abuse registry and law enforcement check
• 20 hours professional enhancement training annually including all PRC required.
Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
Life Safety Equipment (fire extinguisher)
Minimum 25 years of age in order to be insurable under Peace River Center Liability Insurance
Must have reliable transportation
Clean driving record
Ability to pass Florida DMV license check
Minimum 21 years of age and drive personal vehicle
Must maintain 50/100 insurance requirements for Peace River Center designated patient drivers
Must be able to pass the DOT physical
Must be able to pass the Peace River Center driving test administered by Transportation Manager
Machines, Tool and Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, copier
San Antonio, TX - administrative assistant, receptionist,...
Warehouse Associates / Forklift Operators (Entry Level OK)
Houston, TX - export, import, shipping, forklift,...
FL - counselor, behavioral, henderson, substance,...
Direct Care Worker (Part-time)
New Orleans, LA - girl, direct care, household, house, criminal,...
Sales and Marketing Support Supervisor
FL - counselor, tour, cruise, reception, supervisor,...
Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor
Brandon, FL - counselor, substance, abuse, substance abuse,...
Lyft Driver - & Sign-up Bonus - Drive for Lyft in
Polk City, FL - driving, part time, time, android, driver,...