Automation Engineer - Carthage, IL #1438
We are a global developer of custom engineer solutions in the areas of power distribution, sensors, human-to-machine interface and testing. Significant new business growth has created a variety of new positions including our Illinois location.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for a position as an Automation Engineer based in Western IL.
As an Automation Engineer on our team you will:
1. Provide input into the design and programming required to build new production equipment.
2. Perform the wiring, programming and hardware installation for new equipment.
3. Travel to other manufacturing locations (as required) to provide ongoing support, maintenance and process improvements on short notice.
Responsibilities of our Automation Engineers:
1. Programming AB controls
2. Designing / building electrical controls needed for assembly equipment
3. Testing, assembly line equipment layout / setup.
4. Electrical schematic layout.
5. Manufacturing support with setup of tooling / debug / trouble shooting of equipment and implementation of Lean Manufacturing / 5S principles.
6. Must be able to travel to supporting locations when needed.
Qualifications needed for our Automation Engineering roles:
1. Strong AB programming skills,
2. Electrical Schematic layout.
3. Knowledge of Robotic programming, programming of inspection camera systems, assembly tooling setup / debug, Principles of Lean Manufacturing / 5S
4. (2 to 4) yrs AB programming, knowledge of Robotics and camera systems
5. A 2 yr. Degree in related field
Allen Bradley PLC
Qualified Automation Engineering professionals are encouraged to apply for this role by sending an updated resume along with a cover letter (along with your salary expectation) to the attention of Betty M Scott, Sr. Recruiting/Hiring Manager then call 646 250 8103.