Commissioning Manager - VA #1435
We are an international engineering consulting firm that provides professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. We offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S. Our employees are offered exceptional compensation package including flexible benefits packages to meet their individual needs.
We now have an immediate opening in our Arlington, VA office for a Commissioning Manager.
The Commissioning Manager will be a Subject Matter Expert in:
- retro-commissioning and energy-related projects;
This Commission Manager position will coordinate and manage regional commissioning staff, projects, resources and performance. It is a great opportunity for a technical, entrepreneurial-minded leader who enjoys the challenges associated with working in teams, project leadership, managing staff, and complex projects.
The successful candidate (for This Commissioning Manager role) exhibits a strong work ethic, broad range of technical knowledge, intellectual curiosity, excellent communication skills, and has the ability to influence and motivate people. The position primarily entails a management role that includes growing the business, strengthening and expanding client relationships, managing financial and other performance metrics, managing quality and satisfaction for existing clients, and leading a local team.
Responsibilities for this Commissioning Manager role also include:
1. Project management or assisting in execution of building commissioning and energy projects from planning through operations.
2. Management of projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
3. Business development and preparation of proposals.
4. Developing and maintaining client relationships.
5. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
6. Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings.
7. Participate in training and mentoring of staff.
8. Proven leadership skills with staff management experience.
Qualifications needed for this Commissioning Manager role:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Architectural Engineering.
1. (Seven to Fifteen / 7 - 15)years of progressive experience in facility design, construction and/or operations.
2. Certification in the Commissioning Process, as an Energy Manager, or LEED Accreditation a plus.
3. Understanding of recent ASHRAE commissioning processes and implementing the LEED commissioning process.
4. Detailed knowledge of Life Cycle Costing analysis.
5. Strong background in project management techniques and software tools.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Subject matter expertise in combined heat and power/cogeneration, central utility plants, data centers, healthcare facilities, laboratories, water/wastewater facilities, controls, building envelope, TAB, NETA electrical testing, renewable energy and other specialties.
8. Experience leading teams in analyzing and solving construction and operational problems.
9. Experience within various markets (e.g., Higher Education, K-12, Health Care, mission critical, data centers and/or commercial facilities).
10.Local knowledge of the Mid-Atlantic regional market and client connections.
11. Substantial knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
12. Experience in business development with technical services. Proficiency in proposal writing a plus.
13. Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships and collaborative teams both internally and with other organizations.
14. Familiarity with building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
15. Experience with MS Office Suite.
16. Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Licensed Professional Engineer. (PE, state of VA)
- Secret Security Clearance is required for this role.
Salary and Benefit Information for our Commissioning Manager role:
1. Base salary (will be discussed at interview)
2. Full benefit package
Qualified Commissioning Management professionals are encouraged to apply for this role by sending an updated resume along with a cover letter to the attention of Betty M Scott, Sr. Recruiting/Hiring Manager then call646 250 8103 afterwards.